What was the impact of Apollo 11 on the future of mankind?

• Thread starter PeroK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Apollo
In summary, "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer" is a documentary film available on the BBC iPlayer streaming service. It features rare footage and interviews about the historic Apollo 11 mission and is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes long. It can be accessed for free by anyone with a valid BBC iPlayer account, but it is only available for viewers in the UK. The documentary is also available in different languages and cannot be downloaded for offline viewing.
PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
For anyone with access to the BBC iPlayer, in the "Archive" section there is a Panorama special from 1969 discussing the impact of the first Moon landing on the future of mankind. Fascinating. Definitely worth a watch.

Likes DennisN and DrClaude
Physics news on Phys.org
@PeroK thanks for sharing!

Is this the same show? I found it on YouTube searching on 'bbc panorama moon landing'

Likes DennisN and PeroK
Thanks @PeroK , I will watch it!
I saw a great documentary series about the Apollo missions a while ago called "When We Left Earth":

Last edited:
Likes jedishrfu

1. What is "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer"?

"Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer" is a documentary film that chronicles the mission of the Apollo 11 spacecraft, which took astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins to the moon in July 1969. It is available to stream on the BBC iPlayer platform.

2. Who directed "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer"?

The documentary was directed by Todd Douglas Miller, an American filmmaker known for his work on documentaries and short films.

3. Is "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer" historically accurate?

Yes, the documentary is based on actual footage and audio recordings from the Apollo 11 mission, as well as interviews with astronauts and NASA officials. The filmmakers also used newly discovered, never-before-seen footage from the mission.

4. Can I watch "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer" outside of the UK?

Unfortunately, the BBC iPlayer platform is only available in the UK. However, the documentary is available on other streaming platforms, such as Amazon Prime and Hulu.

5. How long is "Apollo 11 on the BBC iPlayer"?

The documentary has a runtime of 93 minutes.