Apollo 18 , worthless thrills.

• Thread starter Willowz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Apollo
In summary, "Apollo 18" is a movie that many people feel is a poor attempt at entertainment, with a flimsy plot and unoriginal ideas. The creatures in the movie raise questions about their survival on the moon and their connection to Earth. The presence of a Soviet ship on the moon also raises questions about the timeline of events. Some people have even compared the movie to "The Blair Witch Project" and "Alien."
Willowz
"Apollo 18", worthless thrills.

Just saw this movie trailer. It looks like pure BS. If anything I'd call it botched entertainment for substituting the spirit of progress and exploration that characterised the moon landings with fear and superstition. Its practically propaganda.

0F6DU6gx7-w[/youtube]

Physics news on Phys.org

I mean really. Is it too much to ask for another "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

Willowz said:
Is it too much to ask for another "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

Ask for Alien.

It's just another horror movie with the same gimmick as Blair Witch Projet except set on the moon.

Sounds like a good candidate for a drinking game- take a drink every time you spot a physics anomaly (for example, clouds of dust).

Willowz said:
Just saw this movie trailer. It looks like pure BS. If anything I'd call it botched entertainment for substituting the spirit of progress and exploration that characterised the moon landings with fear and superstition. Its practically propaganda.

Wow, strong reaction to what I thought looked like might be a decent flick!? :rolleyes:

Good ol' times are gone and we won't be seeing any real Apollo-like project in a looooooooong time. As for the trailer, I couldn't decide whether it's BS or "decent".
Please, consider current movies have flimsy plots.

What did you expect?

Nothing, the standard poor script movie we're seeing today

Come on! It's one of their best albums. An absolute classic!
[URL]http://www.recordsale.org/cdpix/t/they_might_be_giants-apollo_18.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone seen Apollo 18 yet? *SPOILERS*

i saw it - pretty creepy like Blair Witch on the moon. which a big dollop of Alien (the Company like DoD) and Red Planet (the creatures and climax with the Russian ship)

what did everyone think of the creatures? how could those rock spiders live on the moon where there's no atmosphere? were they sort of suggesting that they are maybe connected to spiders on Earth in some way? (they have been on Earth millions of years)

plus the Russian ship - had that been there before Apollo 11 even? (i don't remember if that was stated)

Last edited:

stany said:
plus the Russian ship - had that been there before Apollo 11 even? (i don't remember if that was stated)

I haven't seen the movie, but the Soviets did send unmanned missions to the moon in the late 50s and early 60s.

There was a Soviet helmet on the moon in the movie.

Saw the movie at the premiere, and fell asleep through 3/4 of it. Horrible movie, just horrible.

leontd said:
Saw the movie at the premiere, and fell asleep through 3/4 of it. Horrible movie, just horrible.
xD, have you seen 2001: A Space Odyssey? Take a look at a clip here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let me approach blasphemy. I never understood the end of Space Oddisey; nice movie though.

Willowz said:
I mean really. Is it too much to ask for another "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

They did, via 2010.

Yeah, Apollo 18 looks like "The Blair Witch Project in Outer Space."

Not going.

What is "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" about?

"Apollo 18, worthless thrills" is a science fiction horror movie released in 2011. It follows a fictional story about a secret Apollo 18 mission that discovered extraterrestrial life on the moon.

Is "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" based on a true story?

No, "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" is a work of fiction. While the Apollo 18 mission did not actually happen, the film incorporates real footage from the Apollo program to add a sense of realism to the story.

Who directed "Apollo 18, worthless thrills"?

The film was directed by Gonzalo López-Gallego, a Spanish film director. "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" was his first English language film.

What makes "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" unique from other Apollo mission movies?

"Apollo 18, worthless thrills" stands out from other Apollo mission movies because it combines found footage and mockumentary-style filming techniques to tell its story. This creates a more immersive and realistic experience for the audience.

Is "Apollo 18, worthless thrills" scientifically accurate?

While the film incorporates real footage from the Apollo program, it is not scientifically accurate. The discovery of extraterrestrial life on the moon and the events that follow are purely fictional and not based on any scientific evidence.