Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apollo landings to be photographed

1. Jul 20, 2005 #1

Gold Member

Will it end all the conspiracy theories.............................

probably not
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of course not, as the conspiracy theorists will simply claim that any LRO images showing Apollo artifacts are themselves faked.
  4. Jul 20, 2005 #3
    lol Janus, thats so true. There is no such thing as a out of work conspiracy theorist.
  5. Jul 20, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ironically, the people making fringe claims with photos attached have the same problem.
  6. Jul 21, 2005 #5

Gold Member

haha oh man, heard this on another forum and made me laugh

" There not being a McDonalds or a Starbucks on the moon is probably the most convincing evidence that America has never been there."
  7. Jul 22, 2005 #6
    I spoke with a true beleiver in the conspiracy. He is more convinved than every
    that it was faked because "why else would they be spending millions now to
    keep the cover alive?"

Even if you could take them there personally they'll say the site was a more
    recent fake to fool THEM.

You can't win with these people.
  8. Jul 22, 2005 #7

Staff: Mentor

And if NASA doesn't take pictures of it, they claim that's part of the coverup too. Things like that imply to me that this is a purposeful hoax. Sometimes its tough to tell the difference between a true believer and someone who is just trying to sell a book.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?