Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apollo Technology

1. May 13, 2010 #1
    I hope this is the right forum for this question. If not, I apologize.

I'm looking for a book that details the Apollo systems and how they were used to get us to the moon. Ideally I'd like to see details of the various components, where they fit and what they do. I have some engineering training but the book should be aimed at an "enlightened" lay person, and I use the word "enlightened" dimly.

Any help....please.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2010 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

51hPOyE3yfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't know of any - there a few books on Nasa management and the people and a decent book about the Apollo13 incident (Failure is not an option)

4. May 13, 2010 #3
    Wow, haynes manuals cover everything.

Did you know there is a Haynes Sex manual.

5. May 13, 2010 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. May 13, 2010 #5

FlexGunship

Gold Member

Oh... My... GAWD!!

7. May 13, 2010 #6

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Haynes make car service manuals, back in the day when you had to spend every saturday servicing your car, and could service your car without secret codes.
    This is a sort of joke (it's not the workshop manual) but it is an interesting look at the project.

8. May 14, 2010 #7
    First thing to accompany any car purchase should be a Haynes manual. I now own a MK2, MK3 and MK4 Golf Haynes manual. (I really should buy another make, but every time I try I just end up buying another golf.)

The most mind boggling bit is looking at how the wiring diagrams become infinitely more complicated with each evolution.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sex-Manual-Practical-Step-step/dp/1844250865
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Manual-Step-step-Workshop/dp/1859609317

epic.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook