Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apologies for Recent Deleted Posts

1. Aug 9, 2004 #1

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Physicsforums.com members:

An administrative action was taken this morning to deal with a persistent problem user who has been abusing our forum for at least several months, often severely violating our guidelines. This person has been using at least twelve different usernames and has been posting mostly unintelligible, pointless, vitriolic, profane, or otherwise troublesome material that has been requiring constant staff attention. This morning, after a period of discussion during which there were no objections, the most recent of this person's aliases were pruned and deleted. Included in this pruning were a number of threads that had participation from other members. Unfortunately, those posts were deleted along with the threads.

The staff was not making any kind of judgement on the material posted by others in those threads, nor was the staff attempting to control anyone's behavior other than the problem poster. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our excellent membership, and will do our best to limit the impact of any further administrative actions on our members in good standing.

- Warren

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2004 #2
    Can you say the name of this person? :biggrin:

4. Aug 10, 2004 #3

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm guessing, but I don't think the person's name is known. I noticed quite a lot of posts that looked like they were written by the same person, but the handles were all different. IIRC, the threads and posts that were deleted seemed to involve these handles.

5. Aug 21, 2004 #4
    Whathappen' whilesI wasaway?

My apology to all.......... but, would one (nice) intelligent person tell me what has been going on? I can assume, but, there are too many e-mails to read to get the full story...... so can it be lumped in a sum?

6. Aug 21, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Don't worry werda, none of this has to do with you. :smile:

7. Aug 21, 2004 #6
    Yaknow, EVOBONICS, I never had that 15 mins of fame ~ that has been claimed "each" experiences in one life time. Dang! :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?