Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apparently, I am a traitor *shrugs*

1. Dec 2, 2003 #1
    I criticized Bush...therefore I am providing aid and comfort to the enemy(in that same moronic 2nd grade way that a flag on your bumper apparently gives aid and comfort to American troops). I guess I must be a traitor, huh?

F---ing stupid right-wing pundits!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2003 #2
    Nahh...
    Dissent is as american as apple pie.
    So whenever you see the need to give the Bush administration a good kick in the pants, feel free to get a good running start.

4. Dec 2, 2003 #3
    No, you don't understand!!! The right-wing thinks I am a traitor!! LOL, and they think actual traitors are heros...Ollie North, anyone?

5. Dec 2, 2003 #4
    Under the US constitution you are entitled to free speech. You use it here on this forum. You are free to say what you believe in.

Why do you think you are a traitor? I'm probably what you would call right-wing and I don't think you are a traitor. Why should I? Have you sold secrets to terrorists? Have you fought against your country?

Free speech means listening to people you disagree with. Mr Bush and his government believe in free speech as much as you do.

Say what you want.... enjoy it. :smile:

It is a freedom that most of the world don't have.

6. Dec 2, 2003 #5
    Oh, but I do.

7. Dec 2, 2003 #6

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i think this topic should be re-labeled as free speech is an american right, instead of worrying about what others think you are...they are entitled to believe and say what they want as much as you do, but i wouldn't let it bother you...

8. Dec 2, 2003 #7
    You should follow the American right-wing press, and our politics in general. I think the case of Max Cleland is a perfect example. He lost his bid for re-election as senator for Georgia, largely because of hate ads claiming that he was anti-American for criticizing Bush's actions in regards to the 'war on terra'. His opponent sat out Vietnam, while Cleland volunteered for the war, and lost 3 limbs in Vietnam.

9. Dec 2, 2003 #8
    Well, you don't think this is a problem, when one political party thinks it is ok to smear the patriotism of the other, based on lies?

10. Dec 2, 2003 #9

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

He's being sarcastic.

However, I agree.

11. Dec 2, 2003 #10
    You agree that I am a traitor?[?]

12. Dec 2, 2003 #11

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

as you have the right to free speech, so do others...if you know they are lies, why waste the energy in being affected by them? lies and politics are synonomous...

13. Dec 2, 2003 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That reminds me of Bush's saying: you are either WITH us, or AGAINST us (ie either with us, or with the terrorists). This type of black/white thinking won't be good in any situation.

14. Dec 2, 2003 #13
    ...don't you mean 'it might not be good'? Otherwise you argue against yourself?

15. Dec 2, 2003 #14

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

heh :P

16. Dec 2, 2003 #15

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

"The rights of parties" vs. "rights of individuals?" Intriguing.

17. Dec 2, 2003 #16

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yes. Not for the reasons you stated though.

18. Dec 2, 2003 #17
    Well, according the the Bush administration if you criticize the Bush administration you're helping the terrorists.

19. Dec 2, 2003 #18
    Monique
    One might say, "you either enjoy Greed, or suffer Need." For many in the US this is literally black/white.

20. Dec 2, 2003 #19
    Only the Ann Coulter crowd would say that, and they are obviously crazy, as Franken has proved. I mean, after all, it was Osama's boys who did the deed, not Americans.

21. Dec 2, 2003 #20
    Free Speech in USA (A Patriot Wank)

Yeh, you guys have freedom of speech, but not freedom of thought.
    Honestly guys. The US media would have to be one of the most pathetic nations in the world when it comes to “informing the people with balanced views”. Dr. Joseph Goebbels would be amazed at how closed the Fourth Estate in the USA is, how subservient it is, how much arse it licks. Your “journalists” might as well be Bush’s foot soldiers. They are either stupid, gutless or complicit (or a unique combination of all three). The politicians and media treat the US public like fools, they don’t even trust your intelligence enough to report facts.

But don’t believe me.
    For the brainwashed idiots who can’t seem to cope with analysis, I suggest these “pretty easy to read authors”.
    Try the classic Noam Chomsky book “Manufacturing Consent”. It exposes the US joke of “balanced reporting”.
    If that doesn’t work, try watching “the Panama Deception”. The video won the 1990 Academy Award for Best Documentary (I’d wager most have never even heard of this). It gives a great overview of military and politic objectives and psyops tactics regarding media control in war/peace situations.
    Failing that, look for some Bertrand Russell, John Pilger or Wilfred Burchett.

If Zero is a traitor to his nation, then I guess I’m a traitor and a terrorist who worships Satan, smokes crack, sell drugs to children and possesses weapons of mass destruction.
    No sorry, that’s not me. That’s;

Kruschev
    Ayatollah Khamenei
    Colonel Gadaffi
    General Manuel Noriega
    Saddam Hussein
    Osama Bin Laden
    That “North Korean Commie guy”
    Zero
    (insert next “traitor of the month” here).

I want be “Arab, bearded, goat-rooting, terrorist of the month”!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?