Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apple IICX

1. Oct 16, 2009 #1
    I ended up getting a hold of the apple IICX, even with my computer background I'm not sure where to start, I have figured out that I need a Da-15 to vga converter, but I don't know where to get that? And where the pram is because I think that is the reason why its not turning on, but the fan is going when I hold down the on button. Also I don't know what the rest of those connectors are. I also couldn't find a keyboard or mouse input, with the old style circle connections. http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5374/dsc1362.th.jpg [Broken]

Here is a better image and I believe that the video connections(in the top right) are the exact same.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2009 #2

vk6kro

Science Advisor

I used an Apple 2 E for a while 25 years ago and it was a horrible computer even then. If this is the same and you have to spend money to get it going, you should consider throwing it in the bin now.

I fed
    apple 2 user group
    into Google and found there are lots of people who think Apple 2s are wonderful, so you might like to try that.

4. Oct 16, 2009 #3
    well its a similar version, sorry for all of the trouble but do you think you can tell me what each of those ports are, I have got an idea about the adb ports for the keyboard and mouse. I found a mouse but still no keyboard. Any advice would be nice

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook