Getting Started with my Apple IICX

• Thread starter noagname
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apple
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's difficulties with getting their hands on an Apple IICX computer and figuring out how to use it. They mention needing a Da-15 to vga converter and not knowing where to find one. They also mention not knowing where the pram is and not being able to find a keyboard or mouse input. They provide a link to a photo of the computer and mention that it is similar to an Apple 2 E. The conversation ends with the speaker asking for advice on the different ports on the computer.
noagname
I ended up getting a hold of the apple IICX, even with my computer background I'm not sure where to start, I have figured out that I need a Da-15 to vga converter, but I don't know where to get that? And where the pram is because I think that is the reason why its not turning on, but the fan is going when I hold down the on button. Also I don't know what the rest of those connectors are. I also couldn't find a keyboard or mouse input, with the old style circle connections. http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5374/dsc1362.th.jpg

Here is a better image and I believe that the video connections(in the top right) are the exact same.

Attachments

• snap8.jpg
    snap8.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I used an Apple 2 E for a while 25 years ago and it was a horrible computer even then. If this is the same and you have to spend money to get it going, you should consider throwing it in the bin now.

I fed
apple 2 user group
into Google and found there are lots of people who think Apple 2s are wonderful, so you might like to try that.

well its a similar version, sorry for all of the trouble but do you think you can tell me what each of those ports are, I have got an idea about the adb ports for the keyboard and mouse. I found a mouse but still no keyboard. Any advice would be nice

1. What are the basic specifications of the Apple IICX?

The Apple IICX was released in 1989 and was an enhanced version of the Apple IIC. It had a 16 MHz Motorola 68030 processor, 1 MB of RAM, and a 40 MB hard drive. It also had a built-in 3.5-inch floppy drive and a 14-inch color monitor.

2. How do I set up my Apple IICX?

To set up your Apple IICX, first connect all necessary cables to the computer and power it on. Then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the initial setup. You may also need to install any necessary software or drivers for your specific needs.

3. Can I upgrade the memory or storage on my Apple IICX?

Yes, the Apple IICX has upgrade options for both memory and storage. It can be upgraded to a maximum of 8 MB of RAM and a larger hard drive or additional external storage options can be added.

4. What operating system does the Apple IICX use?

The Apple IICX originally came with System 6 as its operating system. However, it is capable of running System 7 with the appropriate upgrades.

5. How can I connect external devices to my Apple IICX?

The Apple IICX has several ports for connecting external devices, including SCSI, ADB, and serial ports. You can also use expansion cards or adapters to connect other devices, such as a printer or modem.