Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apple Lawsuit

1. Feb 25, 2004 #1
    Yes, another lawsuit against Apple, just after they finished up with the one about the iBook's logic board problem.

This time, involving Eminem: Here

Apple has a habit for getting people angry with its commercials.

First the "switch" commercials which got PC users riled up.

Then the, "Powermac G5 is the world's fastest computer", got the ad banned from the UK.

Now, they illegally use Eminem's music.

Being a Mac user, I can't say I'm impressed with Apple's way of advertising.

Just thought you'd be interested.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2004 #2
    Rather ironic with the advertising dilemma, considering that their first commercial was the most groundbreaking.

4. Feb 25, 2004 #3

You mean the one with the woman running? That one was scary. The 1984 one?

The difference between that time, and now is that Apple was strong back then. Now they have about 1.7% of the market.

Before they were dominant, now they are threatened.

5. Feb 25, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

6. Feb 26, 2004 #5
    True, it was scary. But from the business articles ive read it was the most "groundbreaking". I personally didnt like the commercial myself.

7. Feb 29, 2004 #6
    tell me about this ad with a lady running, please.

8. Feb 29, 2004 #7
    Watch it, Here.

9. Mar 1, 2004 #8
    I dint get it. [?] [?]

10. Mar 1, 2004 #9
    Neither did I. The only thing I could think of was symbolism and the sledgehammer and it breaking the screen symbolizing a change.

11. Mar 1, 2004 #10
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?