1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Applied Math Course Question

1. Mar 8, 2013 #1
    I am looking for help on which courses I should be taking next semester. I'm majoring in applied math and my goal is to do something related to statistics or finance. Grad school is also an option for any of these topics. By the start of next semester, I will have completed Introduction to Statistics I, Calc I and II, and Introduction to Computing. Next semester I'm planning to take:

- Multivariable Calculus (Calculus III)
    - Applied Linear Algebra
    - Elementary Differential Equations

For the fourth class, I'm not sure if I should take Transition to Advance Mathematics, a CS course, or another Stat course. Transition to Advance Math will prepare me for the theoretical upper division mathematics courses, but it's also good to get a few CS courses under my belt. What do you recommend I fill that fourth spot with? I would also like to know if its okay to take these courses simultaneously. Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted