Applying Path integral to Superconductivity

In summary, There are several books that could provide information on the topic of statistical mechanics, such as the Feynman lectures on statistical mechanics and the Abrikosov Methods of Quantum Field theory in Statistical Mechanics. Another recommended book is Mahan's "Many Particle Physics" for those interested in bulk/electronic properties.
Viperace
Hi, i m new here.

Can anyone give me a direction on this? Books, references, ideas...

Physics news on Phys.org
There are several books that would have something on this. The Feynman lectures on statistical mechanics (a separate book from the three volume lecture series) has a good introduction, and the Abrikosov Methods of Quantum Field theory in Statistical Mechanics would also have material on this.

Thanks ! I will look into that right away.

Superconductor is not my field, but i feel like checking it out ;)

Can you be a bit more specific?
If you mean bulk/electrinic properties you should take a look at Mahan's "Many Particle Physics".

1. What is the Path Integral approach to studying Superconductivity?

The Path Integral approach is a mathematical technique used to analyze the behavior of quantum systems, including superconductors. It involves summing over all possible paths that a system can take, taking into account the probabilities associated with each path. This allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the behavior of superconductors.

2. How does the Path Integral approach differ from other methods of studying Superconductivity?

The Path Integral approach is unique in that it takes into account the quantum nature of superconductors, unlike more traditional methods that treat them as classical systems. This allows for a more accurate and complete understanding of their properties and behavior.

3. What are some examples of successful applications of the Path Integral approach to Superconductivity?

The Path Integral approach has been successfully applied to study a variety of phenomena in superconductors, including the formation of Cooper pairs, the Meissner effect, and the dynamics of vortices. It has also been used to study the effects of disorder and interactions on superconductivity.

4. What are the limitations of using the Path Integral approach in studying Superconductivity?

One limitation of the Path Integral approach is that it can be computationally intensive, making it difficult to apply to large or complex systems. In addition, it may not be suitable for studying certain types of superconductors, such as unconventional or high-temperature superconductors.

5. How does the Path Integral approach contribute to our overall understanding of Superconductivity?

The Path Integral approach provides a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles underlying superconductivity, such as the role of quantum mechanics and the importance of symmetry. It also allows for the prediction and explanation of new phenomena in superconductors, leading to potential advancements in technology and materials.