1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Applying to university

1. Dec 19, 2011 #1
    so I had a talk with my parents about applying to university. My parents are thinking of engineering and I am thinking of physics. Obviously my parents are concerned about job prospects of pure science degrees, also worried sick that I might not get in grad school. On the other hand, I am kinda like "My life, I want it my way and do what I like," which is bad, but what the heck. Also I am kinda overly confident that I will do well and get into good grad school and good job (i am not thinking of teaching....but I want to do some research and get in to industry).

any advice?

oh and is this link dependable? Like can I trust it? I am not sure if it's true, or one of the advertising websites
    http://www.payscale.com/best-colleges/degrees.asp
    If it is trustable, i guess majoring in physics is not all bad. Or do I need a phd for that salary

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2011 #2
    People with a B.S. in Physics are employable. You won't be doing physics with only a bachelor's, though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook