Approach Physics: Expert Tips to Make it Come Alive

In summary, when approaching Physics as a subject, an expert suggests having an interest, hard work, persistence, dedication, enthusiasm, and love for the subject. They also emphasize the importance of being open to both experimentation and theory, and recommend reading biographies and studying the work of famous physicists like Feynman.
sr6622
Hi, I was just wondering what sort of mind-set I should have when approaching Physics as a subject. I personally don't like things to be just in a textbook. I like for things to come alive. I was just wondering how some experts out there approached physics and mathematics...

Physics news on Phys.org
inerestin question ... i don't know i wonder if some one else does ..read some biographies... both experimentaion and theory is important ..this is random... look at this page : http://www.thenanotechnologygroup.org/index.cfm?content=120
im no expert ..hopefully i understood your question...reply and let me know if the page was helpful in anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
haha Feynman...I've read all about him.

sr6622 said:
Hi, I was just wondering what sort of mind-set I should have when approaching Physics as a subject. I personally don't like things to be just in a textbook. I like for things to come alive. I was just wondering how some experts out there approached physics and mathematics...

I am no expert, but interest, hard work, persistence and dedication matter a lot. Above all enthusiasm and love for the subject and a commitment to it are necessary especially if you are interested in research.

My 2 cents :smile:

1. What is the best way to approach learning physics?

The best way to approach learning physics is to have a strong foundation in basic math and science concepts. This will help you understand the principles and equations used in physics. It's also important to practice solving problems and to think critically about the concepts being taught.

2. How can I make physics more interesting and engaging?

To make physics more interesting and engaging, try connecting it to real-life applications and examples. You can also watch videos or participate in hands-on experiments to better understand the concepts. Additionally, seeking out expert tips and advice, such as those in "Approach Physics", can help make the subject more relatable and exciting.

3. What are some common challenges when learning physics?

Some common challenges when learning physics include understanding abstract concepts, applying mathematical equations, and visualizing complex systems. It's important to have patience and persistence when facing these challenges, and to seek help from teachers or peers when needed.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

To improve your problem-solving skills in physics, it's important to practice regularly and to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable steps. It can also be helpful to discuss problems with classmates or seek guidance from a teacher. Additionally, understanding the underlying principles and practicing different strategies for approaching problems can also improve your problem-solving abilities.

5. Is it necessary to have advanced math skills to understand physics?

While having a strong foundation in math is important for understanding physics, it is not necessary to have advanced math skills. Many concepts in physics can be understood and applied with basic algebra and geometry. However, as you progress to more advanced topics, knowledge of calculus and other higher-level math concepts may be beneficial.