Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

April Fools pranks

1. Mar 31, 2006 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

"I pity the fool" and all that jazz. Probably done every year but what the the best April Fools pranks you have done or have had done to you?

It may give some of us some ideas!! :devil:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

My ex-husband (we were married at the time) got up early and moved my new BMW down the street, ran into the bedroom, woke me up and announced that my car had been stolen. :devil: :devil: :devil:

It wasn't funny. :grumpy:
  4. Mar 31, 2006 #3
    I think april fool's jokes are rather stupid.
  5. Mar 31, 2006 #4
    I one time when I was playing on my PS2 my sisters came in and watch me I was very focused on the game and... let me just they decided to bring that nail stuff that girls put on toes on my room....It wasn't not funny :grumpy:
  6. Mar 31, 2006 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Looks like someone has been the butt of a few too many methinks! :tongue2:
  7. Mar 31, 2006 #6

Gold Member

oh my god april 1st is tomorrow... take cover!!!!!
  8. Apr 1, 2006 #7

I think April Fool's jokes are a bit childish.

In Australia and New Zealand if you play an April Fools day prank past noon on April 1st, shame on you, you're an idiot.

I find that mildly entertaining.
  9. Apr 1, 2006 #8
    Guam is in the United states?
  10. Apr 1, 2006 #9

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Typical behaviour of a slime mold, in my opinion.
  11. Apr 1, 2006 #10

Gold Member

12. Apr 1, 2006 #11
    LOL I love the ones they do in the newspapers
    This year, our local one did an article on the newly discovered viking settlement in a nearby small town :rofl: :biggrin:
    My dad read through half of it before realizing it. When I looked at it, I had a feeling something was up so I skipped to the last paragraph where it revealed it's prankfullness. :biggrin:
  13. Apr 1, 2006 #12
    Someone switched my coffee with decaf this morning...
  14. Apr 1, 2006 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's no joking matter!!! :eek:

So, yes, as folks can see, the PF staff has a sense of humor too. :biggrin:
  15. Apr 1, 2006 #14
  16. Apr 1, 2006 #15
    I don't get it:confused:

17. Apr 1, 2006 #16

User B: "I never thought
    I’d be writing an online dating testimonial.
    Until I met User A…”

18. Apr 1, 2006 #17

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

19. Apr 1, 2006 #18
    i once called my father up while he was on his way to work, told him that the crane he spent a ****load of time fixing that he had finished just the day before, had broken down and the owner is pissed... so he turned around and was driving the other way for a good 20min when i called him back and told him april fools, good thing he was so far away from me, i might of been killed otherwise
  20. Apr 1, 2006 #19

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is where you have to learn the appropriate timing to ensure it stays funny and doesn't go too far. Letting him drive 20 min out of the way, and then have to drive 20 min back when he was on the way to work is a good way to just piss someone off. Something like that shouldn't go more than 2-5 min before you clue him in if he didn't figure out it was April Fools on his own.

It's no fun...today is Saturday, so I can't get anyone in the lab for April Fools. Besides, we have one person in the lab who has NO sense of humor, so as tempting as it would be for us to prank her, it would end up causing more trouble than fun in the end. :grumpy:
  21. Apr 1, 2006 #20
    Go in there and spill some water onto her.

Can't you tell someone to go to the lab?????
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?