Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Arab VW Commercial

1. Aug 9, 2005 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

everyone's seen that commercial

4. Aug 10, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

everyone but dduardo! You don't know?

5. Aug 10, 2005 #4
    That was the first time I had seen it.

6. Aug 10, 2005 #5

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

They wouldn't show that in the U.S. I'm sure it's been out in europe for a while though.

7. Aug 10, 2005 #6
    It's not a real VW commercial. It's an independant project, and no it wasn't aired anywhere.

8. Aug 10, 2005 #7
    I was told that it was aired in europe, but us british wherent allowed to see it because britain has gone all weird and taken political correctness to a whole new level.

9. Aug 10, 2005 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I even heard it was aired in south american countries like peru.

10. Aug 10, 2005 #9
    First time for me too, that was great.

11. Aug 10, 2005 #10
    This is the first time I've seen it. That was good!

I think the only countries that care to be politically correct are those that allow immigration in the first place...

i'm from an immigrant family, but if something politically incorrect is said, I am not offended unless i feel the intent to hurt is aparent (and that usually has to do with the source and method of delivery).

12. Aug 10, 2005 #11
    Same her. There was a long article about how VW took legal action against the private group who created the commercial as it appeared that it was an ad for the car. If yuo take time you can find it online.

13. Aug 10, 2005 #12

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

14. Aug 12, 2005 #13
    Thanks... it's apparent that these guys did this for fun. Thanks to the Internet VW got lots of free promotion that puts them on the side of "good". Even if this were done in poor taste, it was done to propogate on the side of "the free world", which VW belongs to (or so I thought).

The action was likely an over reaction to ensure political correctness. Or else it might be to ensure no misrepresentation of their vehicle's abilities. Probably the latter now that I think about it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?