1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Architectural Engineering

1. Aug 9, 2009 #1
    I've been looking into Architectural Engineering. I'm an undergrad right now and planned on pursuing Physics as a major.

I really love physics and originally decided to pursue it after some personal research on the topic. I feel like engineering would give me an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and make use of the physics that I have become somewhat passionate about and the accompanying math.

As much as I love theoretical physics, I'm excited at the thought of being able to apply physics to the real world and developing advanced technologies.

I think Architectural Engineering is a good fit because, buildings are something that will never slip into the miasma of virtual reality, at least not for a very, very long time. What specifically interests me though is learning to be able to build structures with maximum efficiency.

Also, after a B.S. in Architectural Engineering, I plan on pursuing an M.S. in Civil Engineering. Is this a good idea?

If there's anyone that has any advice (or forewarnings), I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. And I wanna thank you in advance for even reading down this far.

-Que

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted