How to Archive Messages on Physics Forums

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, to archive messages on Physics Forums, you can select the messages and click on the "Archive" button. You can also archive all messages at once. To access archived messages, click on the "Archived" button or folder. You can unarchive messages by selecting them and clicking on the "Unarchive" button. Archived messages will stay indefinitely unless deleted. No time limit for how long they can stay archived.
Jimmy Snyder
I got the following e-mail:

automated e-mail said:
Your private messages box on Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums has reached 90% of your allowed quota. To ensure that you do not reach 100% of your allowed messages, you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages. Please visit this page to do so:https://www.physicsforums.com/private.php

But I didn't see how to archive my messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Got it, thanks.

1. How do I archive messages on Physics Forums?

To archive messages on Physics Forums, you can first select the messages you want to archive by clicking on the checkbox next to each message. Then, click on the "Archive" button at the top of the message list. This will move the selected messages to your archived folder.

2. Can I archive all of my messages at once?

Yes, you can archive all of your messages at once by clicking on the checkbox at the top of the message list to select all messages, and then clicking on the "Archive" button. This will move all of your messages to the archived folder.

3. How do I access my archived messages?

To access your archived messages, go to the message list and click on the "Archived" button at the top. This will display all of your archived messages. You can also access your archived messages by clicking on the "Archived" folder in the left sidebar.

4. Can I unarchive messages that I have already archived?

Yes, you can unarchive messages by going to your archived folder and selecting the messages you want to unarchive. Then, click on the "Unarchive" button at the top of the message list. This will move the selected messages back to your inbox.

5. How long will my messages stay archived?

Your messages will stay archived indefinitely unless you choose to delete them. There is no time limit for how long messages can stay in the archived folder.