Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Arduino program

1. Mar 21, 2016 #1
    I need to program an arduino robot to execute a series of actions when there is an obstacle infront of him. Actions like: stop>go backwards>stop>shift left>go forward>stop>shift right> continue forward. With this the robot will avoid obstacles while keeping his original dirrection. The problem is that i am new in programing and dont know how to do it. Can anybody suggest some code that i can use?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2016 #2
    Is this an arduino robot that you are building? Or is it a pre-made robot that is in need of some instructions?

If you're building it yourself, what sort of sensors are you using to detect any obstructions in the robots path?

4. Mar 21, 2016 #3
    Im building it myself, using Ultrasonic sensor to detect obstacles and H bridges to shift the polarity of the motors.

5. Mar 21, 2016 #4

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Mar 21, 2016 #5
  7. Mar 21, 2016 #6

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Mar 21, 2016 #7

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Link works from my PC . If you still can't get to it directly try here

9. Mar 21, 2016 #8
    No, its okay, all the links work. Thank you verry much for the answers, i know what i must do now :-)

10. Mar 21, 2016 #9
    Strange, i guess my internet dropped out or something, sorry about that.

Anyways, all the best!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted