Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are aliens FTL humans?

1. May 15, 2016 #1

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you think of the following scenario*? Aliens are future humans who discovered faster than light travel. They propagated throughout the universe. In so doing they travelled back in time, to our time, or even earlier times.

*I read this in a popular space opera novel. It may have been Charles Stross or Alastair Reynolds. But I am not certain.

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2016 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

4. May 15, 2016 #3

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Thanks for the news article. Here's another thought - also thunk by someone else first. If aliens are future humans who flew back in time to teach us about pyramids so we can advance and eventually become them, travel back, and teach our ancestors ... and round and round ... *where* did the idea for pyramids come from in the *first* place?

5. May 15, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

6. May 16, 2016 #5
    Any and all discussions about timelines that interact with themselves makes me think of this.

7. May 16, 2016 #6

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

All grammar is relative?

8. May 17, 2016 #7
    Relativistic.

9. Jun 30, 2016 #8
    Perhaps this explains why a certain high-up member of the conspiracy establishment has a thing about reptilian shape-shifters (who secretly rule the world). Perhaps they're just humanoid speculators from the future, hoping to make a killing on the stock market?

10. Jun 30, 2016 #9
    Changes in the money flow would have a butterfly effect and eliminate the supposed beneficiaries of such changes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted