Are cell phones harmful?

• Thread starter Saber
  • Start date
Are we not already seeing the effects?

Peoples health is not the same as it was 20 years ago. There are a lot of theories about why but no single set of causal effects have been identified.

Why is there an increase in reported cancers?
Better diagnosis?
Food Additives?
Poor Diet?
Pollution?
Increased RF Radiation?
Staring at this computer monitor?

I'm not saying there is a causal link, but I'm also not saying there is not.
I am saying there is not. There is no evidence to suggest EM waves at that frequency harm humans. Would you like to back your speculation with a study or two?

would anyone like to cite their speculations?
Proof needs to be provided that there gsm is harmful not the otherway around :rolleyes: Normal procedures I am afraid... Burden of proof and all that!

Evo

Mentor
Proof needs to be provided that there gsm is harmful not the otherway around :rolleyes: Normal procedures I am afraid... Burden of proof and all that!
GSM isn't widely used in the US, CDMA is the most common.

I am saying there is not. There is no evidence to suggest EM waves at that frequency harm humans. Would you like to back your speculation with a study or two?
Google it. THere are dozens of books on EM wave effect on life. THere have been documented harm effects of EM fields. Also good effects, now we can even regrow teeth with week pulses. THere have been military antenas for submarines disasemled due to their impact on nearby ppl [ofcause only after years of fight against govt, mil, and corp lobies]. If you live under high powe lines you better move..[also documented].

There we go the most popular:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0688069711/?tag=pfamazon01-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0156281007/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
GSM isn't widely used in the US, CDMA is the most common.
I not not up to speed on the CDMA standard, but I think I will presume that at layer 1 it converges on GSM methodology. Perhaps the time framing standards are different, and the way it multiplexes time slots together. So the effect on humans will be much a muchness even if the way it is implemented is slightly different.

http://www.protocols.com/pbook/cellular.htm

Globally we know GSM is implemented more than CDMA
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-gsm-and-cdma.htm
According CDG.org, CDMA networks support over 270 million subscribers worldwide, while GSM.org tallies up their score at over 1 billion. As CDMA phones become R-UIM enabled and roaming contracts between networks improve, integration of the standards might eventually make differences all but transparent to the consumer.
http://www.cdg.org/worldwide/index.asp

Although this is not really going to effect this debate, as the underling technology is more or less the same, I would still be interested where you got that information from? I know CDMA is used in the USA, but I thought the sim cards where dual GSM CDMA. however more network's where actually using the GSM standard, since it has been around for longer.. I could be wrong so feel free....

Evo

Mentor
I know CDMA is used in the USA, but I thought the sim cards where dual GSM CDMA. however more network's where actually using the GSM standard, since it has been around for longer.. I could be wrong so feel free....
No, I believe that CDMA is unique to the US. As is IDEN. Europe was always way ahead of us in cellular technology with GSM.

We don't have SIM cards in the US. It's really sad. If you buy a Phone on "network A", you can't use the phone on "Network B" by simply switching out the SIM card, you have to buy a whole new phone.

No, I believe that CDMA is unique to the US. As is IDEN. Europe was always way ahead of us in cellular technology with GSM.

We don't have SIM cards in the US. It's really sad. If you buy a Phone on "network A", you can't use the phone on "Network B" by simply switching out the SIM card, you have to buy a whole new phone.
Wow, the EU commission wouldnt like that. They are fighting all the time at decoupling the handset from the provider, to increase market competition.

B

BillJx

Is it true that cell phones can be harmful to a person's health?
Absolutely. You could be cheerfully talking on the phone one minute, carrying on a spirited conversation about nothing of consequence, and the next minute someone at the next table in the restaurant gets up and beats the @#$% out of you.

We don't have SIM cards in the US. It's really sad.
BTW interestingly enough, I was speaking to a relation of mine whom lives in LA and he just bought the new blackberry pearl handset, and he has a SIM card. The phone will jump from gsm cdma, probably when roaming i guess.

Last edited: