Are Humans Merely Programmed Robots?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea that humans are created by another being and have created robots. The speaker believes that humans are living robotic droids, programmed from the beginning, and that all of their actions are a result of this programming. They also suggest that our lives and destinies are a result of our programming and that the gods may be experimenting with us. The conversation ends with the speaker questioning what else humans could be if not programmed beings.
timejim
Well, we were made by another being. We, as Humans, have created Robots. Someone made US. We are living, reproducing entities, created by another. I say we are, for lack of better terminology, Living Robotic Droids. I think that we are PROGRAMMED from the beginning. I say that ALL of our actions are the result of this Programming. Our sensors (senses) detect something and we React accordingly. We are Egoists in that we think we are free thinkers. I disagree. I think that each of us have Programmed into us our individual Personality traits, but still, we are acting Robotically.
I say that our Lives and each of our destinies are a Result of our Programming. The God's are having fun, even experimenting with us. That's my opinion. Oh, if we aren't the above, then just what are we?

Physics news on Phys.org
That does not compute.

Now, that is absurd.

Is it?

I wouldn't say that all our actions are determined by programming, a.k.a. genes, but our actions are all the inevitable consequences of previous occurences.

1. What is a robotic droid?

A robotic droid, also known as a robot or android, is a mechanical or electronic device that is designed to imitate human actions and behavior. It can be controlled by a computer program or operated independently.

2. Are humans robotic droids?

No, humans are not robotic droids. While humans may have some mechanical and electronic components, we are not entirely made of machines. We have organic components such as cells, tissues, and organs that make us living beings, unlike robotic droids.

3. Can humans become robotic droids?

Currently, it is not possible for humans to become robotic droids. While there have been advancements in technology that allow for the integration of mechanical and electronic components in humans, it is not possible to replace all organic components with machines.

4. How do robotic droids differ from humans?

Robotic droids differ from humans in many ways. They are designed and programmed to perform specific tasks, while humans have the ability to think, feel, and make decisions. Humans also have a biological system that allows for growth, reproduction, and self-repair, which robotic droids do not possess.

5. Are there ethical concerns about creating robotic droids?

Yes, there are ethical concerns about creating robotic droids. As technology advances, there is a fear that robotic droids could become more human-like and potentially replace human workers, leading to job loss and economic disparities. There are also concerns about the potential misuse of robotic droids, such as in military or surveillance operations. It is important to consider ethical implications and regulations when developing and using robotic droids.