Are mentors so sexy, is it just hero worship ?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Sideways drooly face --> :).....Evo almost make me feel straight..:blushing:arildno...there are kids that view this...editHe can't get the ribbon anyway.:tongue2::).....Are mentors so sexy, is it just hero worship ?Does Ivan know you feel this way? I really think it would be better if you contacted him by PM about this.Beautiful avatar Evo. Is she one of the Evo kid?No, that's me with bad allergies. I look like I'm about to cry.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed

Physics news on Phys.org
What are you after, Wolram?

Its like falling in love with your second grade teacher...

wolram said:
Does Ivan know you feel this way? I really think it would be better if you contacted him by PM about this.

I became sexy long before I became a mentor.

are super mentors... super sexy?

Gale17 said:
are super mentors... super sexy?
Yes, yes they are! :approve:

Have you seen Zz's smile? And those legs! <swoon> Not to mention Gokul :!) :!) hypnagogue :!) :!) integral :!) :!) chroot :!) :!) Greg :!) :!) (ok the last two are admins) I haven't seen the others, they always have their hoods up during the mentor ceremonies. :grumpy:

Beautiful avatar Evo. Is she one of the Evo kid?

Lisa! said:
Beautiful avatar Evo. Is she one of the Evo kid?
No, that's me with bad allergies. I look like I'm about to cry.

And a bigger me.

Attachments

• me101e.jpg
    me101e.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
But looks beautiful anyway.

So if anyone looks so sexy, s/he'll get that title?:rolleyes:

Lisa! said:
So if anyone looks so sexy, s/he'll get that title?:rolleyes:
Yep. :biggrin: How do you think Self Adjoint and Tom Mattson got selected? Ok, the fact that they're really smart is an added bonus. :tongue:

I'm still waiting patiently for Tom to post a picture! He gave us a *maybe* on some of his party pictures long ago.

Evo said:
No, that's me with bad allergies. I look like I'm about to cry.

And a bigger me.

Awww, you do not, you look deep in thought, and so
Ev :!) lisous.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Yep. :biggrin: How do you think Self Adjoint and Tom Mattson got selected? Ok, the fact that they're really smart is an added bonus. :tongue:
Have you seen Tom's rating by his student?(You can find it in his journal) His hotness was... :tongue2:
Perhaps they get that title because of their ages!

Runs and hides as fast as possible

Speaking of attraction...
I have a weird habit of making patterns out of everything...license plate numbers, carpets, graphs,...and people's faces. I often try to picture how I can convert the face of a person to the opposite sex.

Lisa! said:
Have you seen Tom's rating by his student?(You can find it in his journal) His hotness was... :tongue2:
Perhaps they get that title because of their ages!

Runs and hides as fast as possible
No - I hadn't seen that - but I'm not much of a journal reader. I'll have to go check that out! :smile:

Evo said:
Yes, yes they are! :approve:

Have you seen Zz's smile? And those legs! <swoon> Not to mention Gokul :!) :!) hypnagogue :!) :!) integral :!) :!) chroot :!) :!) Greg :!) :!) (ok the last two are admins) I haven't seen the others, they always have their hoods up during the mentor ceremonies. :grumpy:
:mad: And you said I was unfaithful

Evo said:
Erm... yes Integral is HOT!

Well I can't trust his students' rating anyway. I mean how they rate him in cases like "easiness, helpfulness..." really make sense to me because I think he really seems to be a good person. but I think actually they didn't rate his hotness.

And what about yours Hotness?

Only 37'C ,but I don't know why people like to take my hands in the cold weather!:grumpy:

zoobyshoe said:
Does Ivan know you feel this way? I really think it would be better if you contacted him by PM about this.

Ivan is one of my herros zooby, but is not my type, any way he is all ready
spoken for. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Only 37'C ,but I don't know why people like to take my hands in the cold weather!:grumpy:

Hmmm, are people, "cool", when they are, "hot" ?

And, "good", if they are, "wicked" ?

And can they be, "gay", without being, "gay".

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Evo said:
No, that's me...
I can't BELIEVE how hot Evo is!

Sideways drooly face --> :).....

Evo almost make me feel straight..:blushing:

Last edited:
arildno...there are kids that view this...edit

He can't get the ribbon anyway.:tongue2:

:).....

(Hey, I think I need some help here. Can't stop this drooling.)

:).....

(Uh Oh. That one got awful close to the keyboard.)

:)...

(Thet une hyt tha keebrd! AAAAAAHHHHHH! I ruuint it!)

Damn! For the first time I didn't see arildno's post before editing!:grumpy::grumpy: :grumpy: ...:grumpy: hypatia, why did you tell him to edit it?:cry:

1. Are mentors really that sexy?

The perception of someone's attractiveness is subjective and can vary from person to person. While some may find their mentors to be physically attractive, others may not. It ultimately depends on individual preferences.

2. Is it normal to have a crush on your mentor?

It is not uncommon for individuals to develop feelings of admiration or infatuation towards their mentors, especially if they are in a position of authority or have qualities that are desirable to the mentee. However, it is important to maintain a professional relationship and boundaries with your mentor.

3. Can mentor-mentee relationships turn into romantic relationships?

While it is possible for mentor-mentee relationships to evolve into romantic relationships, it is not the primary purpose of the mentorship. It is important for both parties to establish clear boundaries and maintain a professional dynamic in order to avoid any conflicts of interest.

4. Is it just hero worship when someone looks up to their mentor?

Hero worship is defined as an excessive admiration for someone, often to the point of idolization. While mentorship involves looking up to and learning from someone, it should not be an excessive or unhealthy form of admiration. A healthy mentor-mentee relationship involves mutual respect and learning from each other.

5. Can a mentor-mentee relationship be harmful?

As with any relationship, a mentor-mentee relationship can have its challenges and potential for harm. It is important for both parties to establish clear boundaries and communicate openly to ensure a healthy and professional dynamic. If the relationship becomes toxic or crosses boundaries, it may be necessary to seek guidance or end the mentorship.