1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are Minors worth it?

1. May 3, 2012 #1
    Hello all,

I am currently a pre-junior mechanical engineering major at Drexel University(non-traditional student). Somehow I am doing extremely well in the program GPA 3.9. Long story, but this is my second bachelors I am working on. Due to my poor decision making the first time around I find myself a little indecisive making decisions. Due to my age(33) I have been taking course overloads a couple of quarters (21 credits), but somehow doing well. If I want to graduate on time I will need to do a couple more course overloads.. Just looking for peoples experiences with minors...are they worth it? Should I not kill myself to get one?

Thanks,
    Mem33

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2012 #2
    If you're doing it for a resume boost then no. I did a minor in economics out of pure interest and enjoyed it thoroughly. Almost went to grad school for it too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook