.^. ARE WE ALONE- Relegious Vs Science

• Thread starter Guna82m
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the thread explores if there is life out there and whether it is improbable or not. It also discusses whether or not it is more probable for a God to exist or that life would happen by chance.
Guna82m
Can anyone answer me ... ARE WE ALONE? Are there life's outsite over there?? I'm still wondering... Most relegion says that there is now life out there except human kind and thing on earth... But these scientist keep on saying that there is 99% chance that other form of life could exist somewhere out there...Which one is true?

Physics news on Phys.org
Im going to go with the most logical answer and say not alone. There are just TOO many other planets out there for us to be unique.

there is also an issue of "intellligent" life than to just any living organisms. because we all want to answer the questions as to whether consciousness is a "special" thing.

The only thing special about human consciousness is needs. We're hardly that advanced let's face it. I'm personally sure that out there is a race that is so far above us that to us they would appear like Gods. I don't know that I just hope it, because if we are alone it's incredibly depressing on many levels.

Neither can be right or wrong because we simply do not know.

However, it is safer to play on the side that does not claim to KNOW the answer without any evidence. That's one of the reasons why religion is so dangerous.

Guna82m said:
Can anyone answer me ... ARE WE ALONE? Are there life's outsite over there?? I'm still wondering... Most relegion says that there is now life out there except human kind and thing on earth... But these scientist keep on saying that there is 99% chance that other form of life could exist somewhere out there...Which one is true?
This seems totaly backwards to me. I mean, scientifically, all we have to go on is the Drake Equation, in which none of the variables are known, and most can't even be guessed at. 400 billion stars in the average gallaxy, and maybe 400 billion galaxies in the known universe, but the odds against life cropping up around anyone of those stars could be near-infinite. Life might be so improbable that even one occurance (here on Earth) is the wildest stroke of luck.
On the other hand, if one believes in a "God" (an omnipotent Creator), then the odds of anything happening are about 1:1; either He dicided to do it, or not to do it.
I could believe in the existence of life in other star systems much more easily as a theist than as a scientist.

Locking and referring to the thread shown above in S&D.

1. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial life?

As of now, there is no conclusive scientific evidence that proves the existence of extraterrestrial life. However, scientists continue to search for signs of life on other planets and moons within our own solar system.

2. How do religious beliefs and theories about extraterrestrial life differ?

Religious beliefs and theories about extraterrestrial life often differ in terms of the origin and purpose of life. Some religions may believe that humans are the only intelligent beings in the universe, while others may believe in the existence of other intelligent beings created by a higher power.

3. Can science and religion coexist in the search for extraterrestrial life?

Yes, science and religion can coexist in the search for extraterrestrial life. While they may have different perspectives and approaches, both can work together to explore the possibility of other life forms in the universe.

4. What are the potential implications of discovering extraterrestrial life on religious beliefs?

The discovery of extraterrestrial life could potentially challenge religious beliefs that center around the uniqueness of human beings and our place in the universe. It may also raise questions about the role of a higher power in the creation of life.

5. How do scientists search for extraterrestrial life?

Scientists use a variety of techniques and tools to search for extraterrestrial life, including telescopes, space probes, and missions to other planets and moons. They also study the conditions and environments that could potentially support life, such as the presence of liquid water.