Are we really just vibrations, just energy

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of skin and its existence on a subatomic level as just energy. It also raises questions about the capabilities of human beings as vibrations, the limitations of energy, and the possibility of remote viewing through manipulating vibrational energies. The mention of Bruce Lee and a firefighter showcases examples of human strength and the discussion also touches on the idea of linking two atoms through quantum physics. The conversation concludes with the realization that skin is just as real on a subatomic level as it is on a tangible level.
jimmy1200
ive read this before and I am checking up on it again now.

i mean, does skin really exist. on a subatomic level, when you break it all down, isn't it just energy, just supposedly atoms, which are energy right?

is the skin, blood, hair, the world, just a vibrational frequency of this energy.

if so, then what are we really capable of as human beings. i mean, what limit does "energy" really have?

are our physical limitations just self imposed?

can i run faster than the human eye can percieve because I am just a vibration, just "energy"? can i be flash?

can someone help me?

hope you see what I am asking :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
The subatomic physics that leads to our tangible world does so consistently. Our tangible experiences and the "toddler physics" we construct for ourselves to make our experiences predictible have the status of an effective theory, true enough as long as you stay within its limits of energy level, speed, size, etc. If you consider situations where those parameters are widely different from everyday life, as in astronomy or the energy inside an atomic accelerator, then you need to do use a different effective theory, and this is cool.

Bottom line, what you feel on your skin is just as "real" as the principle of uncertainty. They disagree because of difference in scale.

huh?:tongue2:

i got it i guess. layman terms please:yuck:

"does skin really exist"

Well, if you accept that matter itself exists, seems like skin would too.

"on a subatomic level, when you break it all down, isn't it just energy, just supposedly atoms, which are energy right?"

Energy and matter seem intimately related, but they are not the same thing.
Just as one could say that matter is "made" from energy, one could say that
energy is "made" from matter. Just say they're both made of "existence". :-)

"is the skin, blood, hair, the world, just a vibrational frequency of this energy"

Sure. Each molecule could have a unique vibrational frequency. Each cell...

"if so, then what are we really capable of as human beings. i mean, what limit does 'energy' really have?"

Energy is quite amazing. We can't really know how advanced the human mind
can become, nor to what extent it will be augmentable via technology. But...
human beings are probably capable of more than we realize they are. Psychic
ability might be the reception and/or transmission of vibrational frequencies.

"are our physical limitations just self imposed?"

Maybe not. Technology eventually should be able to provide augmentation to
the human body. We could jump a lot higher, run faster, withstand long falls...
However, your question can be answered in another way... we do not impose
physical limitations upon ourselves, nature does. Laws of physics, yada yada.

"can i run faster than the human eye can percieve because I am just a vibration, just 'energy'? can i be flash?"

Well, if you could somehow change your vibrational frequency, you might be
able to become translucent. Semi-invisible like in the movie "Predator"! Heh.
I don't think you'll be able to achieve "ultraspeed", though. I could be wrong.

"hope you see what I am asking"

If you are subtley hinting at some other implied question, I didn't see it.

interesting. thanks for the reply

jimmy1200 said:
i mean, does skin really exist. on a subatomic level, when you break it all down, isn't it just energy, just supposedly atoms, which are energy right?
is the skin, blood, hair, the world, just a vibrational frequency of this energy.
if so, then what are we really capable of as human beings. i mean, what limit does "energy" really have?
can i run faster than the human eye can percieve because I am just a vibration, just "energy"? can i be flash?
can someone help me?
hope you see what I am asking :tongue2:

yes man, you're right on track.

on a subatomic level, water is not "WET". It's energy vibrating around.

We are also vibrating energy on the same subatomic level.

jimmy1200 said:

Exactly what we were before. Matter explained in terms of
vibrations has all the same properties it has been traditonally
held to have -- you can't suddenly walk through walls.

Are a rock's ?

Actually, you can make a strong case that only the skin is real, and subatomic "particles" are mere mathematical fictions that we use to predict future surface experiences of our skin.

"are our physical limitations just self imposed?"
two words,
Bruce Lee.

The firefighter that is seen on video lifting a store awning that had collapsed on a fellow fireman. At least a ton of weight he lifts then holds with one arm long enough to pull the other fireman out.

If everything is energy, and we are just vibrations of that energy.
Than if I caused certain ways of thinking in my mind to correspond to the vibrational energys of another place, another area. Wouldn't I be able to remote view it? a remote perception in the local imagination.

What is this about quantum and the ability to link two atoms.. I've heard. still true?also your skin is as real as if someone were to pinch you or cut you or put an ice cube across it. As real as when your eyes are blindfolded and someone takes a freezer cold butterknife and an ice cube and *cuts* your face. The cold sensation.. get scared enough, You will feel your face cutting.

Just vibrations? I don't know about that, that may help to describe things like the temperature of objects, but I would rather charactarize macroscopic things as a particular combinations of subatomic particles.

Wishbone said:
Just vibrations? I don't know about that, that may help to describe things like the temperature of objects, but I would rather charactarize macroscopic things as a particular combinations of subatomic particles.

..and subatomic particles may very well be nothing but vibrations of a quantum field. Or maybe of strings...

Yeah, why is water wet? Thats a good question

selfAdjoint said:
..and subatomic particles may very well be nothing but vibrations of a quantum field. Or maybe of strings...

Well I think one could say its MORE than debatable, I don't think we can right now say : "we are described by a combination of vibrating strings" I think my representation might be a little more accurate FOR NOW.

Wishbone said:
Well I think one could say its MORE than debatable, I don't think we can right now say : "we are described by a combination of vibrating strings" I think my representation might be a little more accurate FOR NOW.

Strings are iffy, but quarks leptons, gluons, weakons and photons are pretty solid, and maybe you don't know but mass in the standard model is entirely due to interactions; some of the above particles get mass by interacting with Higgs bosons, and most of the mass in protons and neutrons (and hence in atoms and molecules) is potential energy of gluon exchanges.

For that matter, when you get down to cases, all those "particles" are quanta of quantum fields, i.e. "vibrations". I think this has gotten way beyond the level where you're free to ignore it and call yourself educated.

1. What does it mean to say that we are just vibrations or energy?

When we say that we are just vibrations or energy, we are referring to the concept that all matter is ultimately made up of vibrating particles or energy waves. This is based on the principles of quantum physics, which suggests that everything in the universe, including ourselves, is made up of energy.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea that we are just vibrations or energy?

While the concept of everything being made up of vibrations or energy is still a topic of debate in the scientific community, there are some experiments and theories that support this idea. For example, the double-slit experiment has shown that particles can behave as waves of energy, and the theory of quantum entanglement suggests that particles can be connected even at great distances, indicating a fundamental underlying energy or vibration connecting all matter.

3. How does the concept of being vibrations or energy relate to the human body?

The human body is composed of trillions of cells, each containing molecules and atoms that are vibrating at specific frequencies. These vibrations create an energetic field around the body, often referred to as the human aura. Some believe that by understanding and manipulating these energetic vibrations, we can promote physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.

4. Can the idea of us being vibrations or energy be applied to our thoughts and emotions?

There is a growing body of research that suggests our thoughts and emotions have an energetic component. Studies have shown that our thoughts and emotions can affect the physical vibrations of our bodies, and even influence the vibrations of others around us. This supports the idea that our internal energy or vibrations can have a significant impact on our external reality.

5. Does this concept have any practical applications in our daily lives?

While the concept of us being vibrations or energy is still being explored and understood, it has already been applied in various ways in our daily lives. For example, sound therapy and certain forms of meditation are based on the idea of using vibrations or energy to promote physical and emotional well-being. Some even believe that by understanding and harnessing our own energetic vibrations, we can manifest our desires and create positive changes in our lives.