Are women more beautiful than men

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: No chicken, that should read "beerholder".Yeah ! after few beers I don't look for beauty I'm just horny .women better looking than men? i don't really think so... well, maybe in their prime.
chound
Are women more beautiful than men? Or does it just seem like that to my adolescent mind?

Physics news on Phys.org
Of course they are.

Women are like fine sculptures, every curve is beautifully crafted for aesthetic purposes. Men are like fine robots, ugly as sin but a masterpiece of plumbing.

We ugly men,let's look at the bright side.Some women are ugly too...

Daniel.

EDIT:And ugly women end up with dumb (read "blind") men.

Last edited:
well...when a man is in good shape, tight fit body...I think they are more beautiful then women...
I mean, really...just take the eyelashes...why it's always the men that are born with the thick full eyelashes that women have to use mascara to get?!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Well, that depends on which team you're playing for.

Kerrie said:
Is justice as well?

Women have more sexually attractive bodies. Most of the women I know agree that even though they are attracted to men, men's bodies are pretty plain.

Kat, I agree on the eyelash thing. The most attractive thing to me about a man are his eyes. The next thing is his hands, masculine hands with long fingers. <swoon>

I also don't like little girly noses on men. :yuck:

Last edited:
Evo said:
men's bodies are pretty plain.

I don't think most women would agree after they see Brad Pitt in Troy :eek:

Evo said:
Women have more sexually attractive bodies. Most of the women I know agree that even though they are attracted to men, men's bodies are pretty plain.

I have to agree on this too. Well, men's bodies aren't plain, but they are more rugged than flashy. Women are the sleek sports cars and men are the 4WD pick-up trucks.

Kat, I agree on the eyelash thing. The most attractive thing to me about a man are his eyes. The next thing is his hands, masculine hands with long fingers. <swoon>

I also don't like little girly noses on men. :yuck:

:rofl: Eyes are important, but after that, it's shoulders for me. Nice broad shoulders. :!) And hands shouldn't be too soft...no library hands for me, a few callouses, and thick fingers will do.

chound said:
Are women more beautiful than men? Or does it just seem like that to my adolescent mind?
Both feminine and masculine beauty exist.

Does it matter too much? It isn't just shapes that people like. Personality, hobbies etc.

The Bob (2004 )

Bob:

I agree with you that there's more to a relationship than physical beauty. That said, I would conjecture that a rather sizable majority of relationships would never have happened if the two people weren't physically attracted to one another initially. Fortunately, different people have different standards of beauty, so one person's 'yuck' may be another person's 'OMG, what a hottie.'

Grogs said:
Fortunately, different people have different standards of beauty, so one person's 'yuck' may be another person's 'OMG, what a hottie.'
Hope springs eternal..:biggrin:

Kerrie said:

No chicken, that should read "beerholder".

Yeah ! after few beers I don't look for beauty I'm just horny .

women better looking than men? i don't really think so... well, maybe in their prime.

though, women age horribly.

Grogs said:
Bob:

I agree with you that there's more to a relationship than physical beauty. That said, I would conjecture that a rather sizable majority of relationships would never have happened if the two people weren't physically attracted to one another initially. Fortunately, different people have different standards of beauty, so one person's 'yuck' may be another person's 'OMG, what a hottie.'
It is a good point and to a point it is true. Somethings that is what it is or something it is something else.

The Bob (2004 ©)

relskid said:
women better looking than men? i don't really think so... well, maybe in their prime.

I agree with you and would like to add, that white women in particular from USA baloon horrendously after having first child.I don't see this pattern in Asian or even in white women from let's say France or meditteraean region.

relskid said:

sounds like you just have bad luck...there are many women who age gracefully.

spender said:
I agree with you and would like to add, that white women in particular from USA baloon horrendously after having first child.I don't see this pattern in Asian or even in white women from let's say France or meditteraean region.

that's a stereotype, after two kids i still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans.

I lived in France and Germany and almost never saw so many obese women as in USA.The ones I saw must have been tourists from States or UK.
Something in food I guess. :confused:

spender said:
Something in food I guess. :confused:

Not something in it, just too much of it. But it has nothing to do with pregnancy. That pregnancy weight melts off pretty quickly when breast feeding (most of my friends had the problem of getting too skinny because they couldn't eat enough to keep up with the energy demands of lactation). Those who don't lose the weight or gain more weight probably would have anyway.

Evo said:
Women have more sexually attractive bodies.
I used to think that... then I wore a dress to school and realized I have more hip than most of the girls on campus.

Smurf said:
I used to think that... then I wore a dress to school and realized I have more hip than most of the girls on campus.

I'm sure this isn't the first time you've mentioned the dress today. You seem to relish the experiece a little too much. Is there something you're not telling us? :wink:

I don't even know why women even go with guys to begin with. I mean have you seen men? They're grotesque. That's why lesbianism is almost acceptable whereas a male gay couple is gross. It means not only do they reject women, they actually perfer the ugly male body. If you ask the average man if two woman kissing is a turn-on they'll say yes. If you ask a woman if two guys making out is a turn-on I'll bet they'll say it does the opposite.

Kerrie said:
sounds like you just have bad luck...there are many women who age gracefully.

i demand to know where you have seen such a sight!

call me straight, but i love men.

I would have to say that I find women more beautiful - but then I am a heterosexual male, so what do I know?

As for aging, it depends on the individual. I see many middle-aged parents (men and women) who are so over-weight its sad. I also know several people in their 50's and 60's, and I must say that the women tend to age better than the men. But it all comes down to diet/nutrition and excercise.

I also have to say that I know a few women who nearly 60 or in their early 60's, and they do look quite attractive. In fact, one looks in better shape than most teenage girls I see these days. Obesity in teenagers and young adults is a serious problem these days, and the adult population will have significant health problems in 30-50 years time.

Finally, I hope I don't get into trouble for this, but I venture to say that Evo will still look gorgeous when she is 65+. :smile:

FulhamFan3 said:
I don't even know why women even go with guys to begin with. I mean have you seen men? They're grotesque. That's why lesbianism is almost acceptable whereas a male gay couple is gross. It means not only do they reject women, they actually perfer the ugly male body. If you ask the average man if two woman kissing is a turn-on they'll say yes. If you ask a woman if two guys making out is a turn-on I'll bet they'll say it does the opposite.

I don't know where to begin disagreeing with you, So I'll start here:
Grotesque? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and despite your view of males, many people (both male and female) find men very attractive.

As for lesbianism being acceptable while male homosexuality being gross: Not true. Many find either both acceptable, or neither acceptable. If you are talking about the stereotypically male obsession with lesbianism, that is not to do with who is more attractive, but preferred sexuality. A heterosexual male will most likely not find two men together attractive, obviously. Elements of homophobia may come into it also. If a man is somewhat afraid of homosexuality being directed towards him, or afraid of any urges he himself may secretly have, the natural reaction to it will be shown as disgust.

As for gay and lesbian kissing: I wouldn't bet too much if I were you, as I know men who find lesbianism a turnoff, and many women who find men kissing a turn on. I disagree about the relative attractiveness of each gender being an issue here; it is due to individual sexual preference, rather than how attractive the individual is.

:rofl: This thread is funny! Now we're arguing over which sex ages more gracefully?? Ha...I'll make it easy for you...neither! Men get bald, grow a gut, and have nasty hair growing out of their ears and noses. Women start to sag and get that hunchback look. Both get wrinkly, get arthritis, start to creak and groan as they move. This is of course why I just don't plan on getting old. :biggrin:

FulhamFan3 said:
If you ask the average man if two woman kissing is a turn-on they'll say yes. If you ask a woman if two guys making out is a turn-on I'll bet they'll say it does the opposite.

This is due to evolution not ashthetic beauty. Men seeing women turned on would be in a position to reproduce with one of them, or both due to the opportunity. Women seeing the same thing would not be interested in doing sex with a random man just because he was turned on.

I am a heterosexual male. I like looking at pretty women, and not men.
But... I have to say that I can see few evolutionary reasons for women being better looking than men, and more for men being better looking than women(such as more competition to find someone to impregnate). However, I am also surprised by the societal fact of women caring more about their appearance than men.

Life is balanced, women like men and men like women. Their bodies are for the opposite sex. If a woman thinks that men are not good looking, she must be a lesbian and so on with a man.

Women are more beautiful then men...there's no doubt about that. Tis the main reason why men become so excited and irrational around women, cause they notice the great differences. Anyone who disagrees is confused and perhaps should consider devising a song which praises the "beauty of man."

GCT said:
Women are more beautiful then men...there's no doubt about that. Tis the main reason why men become so excited and irrational around women, cause they notice the great differences. Anyone who disagrees is confused and perhaps should consider devising a song which praises the "beauty of man."

Ok, so it's the word "Beautiful" and "handsome" let's say "Good looking"
niether genders are better looking than the opposite

I think the male body is beautiful, if like the female body, its taken care of. The statue of David comes to mind when I think of males and beauty. I also have a early morning runner in my neighborhood, he is also beyond handsom.