Are women more beautiful than men

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: No chicken, that should read "beerholder".Yeah ! after few beers I don't look for beauty I'm just horny .women better looking than men? i don't really think so... well, maybe in their prime.
pfft.. whos this loser ^^

:rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Gale17 said:
well, i used to think i was hit on as a joke... you know how people can be cruel and stuff right? my family always insisted i was pretty ugly growing up. my sisters were especially mean. my father was too. i have riddiculously gorgeous friends... I'm a bit insecure...
Well, with sisters and father like that, no wonder you're insecure. They were just plain mean.

Every guy here thinks Pillowhead is hot. Huckleberry, who is fond of claiming looks don't matter, just about drowned in his own drool when he saw pillowhead, and you are generally adored, which I can tell from the attention you get from the guys here. I bet there's tons of guys there and at college who think you're hot. I don't think that, outside your family, there's anything to worry about.

zoobyshoe said:
This misinformation is diametrically opposed to serious research by reputable labs that have continually discovered a female preference for males with height in excess of eight feet, profuse, thick body hair, sloping brow, and prodigiously large feet.

That's only when they're really young...and WWF groupies. Soon they learn to appreciate the whole mind control, take you in the middle of the night, you are under my control thing. :bugeye:

Ivan Seeking said:
Actually, across cultures, it turns out that the size of a woman is not as important as the hip to waist ratio.
Yup. Uh huh. I have a thing for a good hip to waist ratio, yep.
Another measure of beauty is symmetry - an indicator of good breeding. A clear complexion and other indicators of good health are generally considered to be attractive features.
These make perfect sense.

No one has mentioned vivaciousness. Really "alive" seeming, snappy-witted, energetic, enthusiastic women are very attractive to me.

That may just be because that is the natural "opposite" to my general demeanor in real life: contemplative, slow thinking, and hard to start.

Is no one else attracted to the vivacious and scintillating, enthusiastic woman? There is no body type or hair color for this, it's an emotional dynamic that I find really appealing.

Gale17 said:
I'm confused... i really don't get it at all... i don't understand... fat girls... appealing? bah... nope.. don't see it. to me, if a girl is fat, she has to work on other things so that people don't mind she's fat. no one wants her to be fat in the first place.
This is not really true. This is just a stereotype. The social definition of attractiveness is different from one culture to the next and from one period of time to another. If a guy considers a woman attractive based on the social definition then he probably is considering his own social image. There are plenty of guys that like all shapes and sizes of women.

These super skinny, model lookin' girls are not always healthy. Some have very serious physical and mental disorders. Because a woman is beautiful to social standards does not make her life any easier, or her worries about her appearance any less. If you really want to impress a guy, just be yourself. You're amazing. :smile:

zoobyshoe said:
Well, with sisters and father like that, no wonder you're insecure. They were just plain mean.

Every guy here thinks Pillowhead is hot. Huckleberry, who is fond of claiming looks don't matter, just about drowned in his own drool when he saw pillowhead, and you are generally adored, which I can tell from the attention you get from the guys here. I bet there's tons of guys there and at college who think you're hot. I don't think that, outside your family, there's anything to worry about.
Hey, I don't remember saying looks don't matter. I just think their importance fades quickly. But how can Pillow Head not be hot? Who else would do such a thing?

In my eyes, women are better looking than men. My father felt the same way and his father before him. Indeed, hundreds of millions of years of evolution went into that answer. My wife is the best looking one of all.

jimmysnyder said:
In my eyes, women are better looking than men. My father felt the same way and his father before him. Indeed, hundreds of millions of years of evolution went into that answer. My wife is the best looking one of all.
And she reads over your shoulder, doesn't she? :wink:

Gale you're definitely very attractive. I'm actually one of those guys that tends to not like girls that are very skinny. Ofcourse I'm open minded to just about anybody type on a woman there are just certain things that tend to catch my eye.

Also, what kinds of guys hit on your "hot" friends? Do they tend to be the kind of guy you would want to date or do they tend to turn out to be jerks? Occasionally I think that it would be nice to be better looking, or more like the steriotypical "hot guy", but when I think about it I realize that most of the girls that would find them selves attracted to me I won't be attracted to. I think that as is I tend to attract more women that are my type than not.

Huckleberry said:
Hey, I don't remember saying looks don't matter. I just think their importance fades quickly. But how can Pillow Head not be hot?
She can't. Pillowhead is the new PF definition of hot. Even a math crackpot who can't add two single digit numbers in his head can understand The Pillowhead Equation:

[tex]Pillowhead = Hot[/tex]

Ivan Seeking said:
At least according to one study, it turns out that universally, men most prefer a hip to waist ratio of 7/9 I think
I hope you really meant a waist/hip ratio there, otherwise that's a pretty apple-shaped woman there!

Hmm...will 0.7 do? (Yeah, I just had to grab a tape measure and find out. :biggrin:)

Gale, you have nothing to stress about. Guys all over the place here are panting over you! You are very attractive. You just need to hang out with Italian grandmothers who will reinforce the notion over and over again that men like a woman with a little meat on her bones! Eat! Eat! :biggrin:

I've found that most women I know think men look better with clothes on than without.

A "hot guy" to me is an average, out of shape guy, love handles and a "pooch" are cute too (not the beer gut hanging over the belt :eek: ) and wears glasses.

Gale, you're absolutely ADORABLE! Listen to what everyone tells you. :approve:

I used to place women on a pedestal, like many men do, as if they were by nature more ethical and considerate than men. (#2 tries harder.)

I think that women are often held to much higher standards than men are when it comes to attractiveness, and as such, many women take better care of their bodies than do men. Of course, then you get the flip side of unhealthy diets and rake thin girls. The obsession with the perfect body is crazy in America, especially among teenage girls, or so it would seem.

Either way, as has been said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Moonbear said:
I hope you really meant a waist/hip ratio there, otherwise that's a pretty apple-shaped woman there!

:biggrin: I noticed that later. Yes, that would be the waist to hip ratio.

Here is one for the what was it thread: 36-24-36

Men are yummy. Uh, did I say that out loud? :blushing:

SOS2008 said:
Men are yummy. Uh, did I say that out loud? :blushing:

We don't know but you typed it out loud.

Yummy?

Ivan Seeking said:
:biggrin: I noticed that later. Yes, that would be the waist to hip ratio.

Here is one for the what was it thread: 36-24-36
That would be Barbie's measurements?

Ivan Seeking said:
We don't know but you typed it out loud.

Yummy?
As in mmmmmm...er, did I type that out loud? :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
That would be Barbie's measurements?

in millimeters? :biggrin:

But you may be right in a way... Those were the well known measurements of Rachael Welch. But I think Barbie was modeled after someone famous such as Norma Jeane Mortensen, who had the same or similar measurements.

Evo said:
I've found that most women I know think men look better with clothes on than without.

A "hot guy" to me is an average, out of shape guy, love handles and a "pooch" are cute too (not the beer gut hanging over the belt :eek: ) and wears glasses.

Gale, you're absolutely ADORABLE! Listen to what everyone tells you. :approve:

Ugh, all those years at the gym :cry:

Ivan Seeking said:
in millimeters? :biggrin:
:rolleyes: I guess I was asking for that. Anyway, I was probably wrong. I guess there's more than one way to scale her up. I found several different answers: 39-18-33, 38-18-34, 33-18-31, 39-21-33, 36-18-33, 39-23-33. Yeah, that's realistic. Edit: For comparison, my calf is 16 in.

Last edited:
hey, um... i just wanted to say thank you... or sorry... or something i guess... to um, everyone i guess. i um, I'm a silly, insecure 17 yr old sometimes... so... yep.

Danger said:
And she reads over your shoulder, doesn't she? :wink:
I was thinking about adding in something like '16 years of experience went into that answer'. But my wife IS attractive. No, really.

Gale17 said:
i'm like... fat... some people like that? some guys hit on me... am i hot? i want to be thin... i think... would that make me more or less hot? i thought more... what do i actually even look like? i have nooo idea! i can't tell what's hot, what's not. what am i sposed to change and what stays? gah... i still can't believe i might even possibly be attractive as is... it doesn't make sense... seriously! guh!
Body shape is just asthetics, like it or leave it, most of it is about social conditioning anyway. Beauty however is something different. Personally, it's the eyes and the mouth that show when a woman is beautiful. A smile to light up your whole day and beautiful eyes to drown in :!)

If you want to lose weight then do it to make yourself happy not for anyone else. A large happy woman who is confident with herself is much more attractive than a miserable 'supermodel' who doesn't know who she is.

Last edited:
Daminc said:
Body shape is just asthetics, like it or leave it, most of it is about social conditioning anyway. Beauty however is something different. Personally, it's the eyes and the mouth that show when a woman is beautiful. A smile to light up your whole day and beautiful eyes to drown in :!)

If you want to lose weight then do it to make yourself happy not for anyone else. A large happy woman who is confident with herself is much more attractive than a miserable 'supermodel' who doesn't know who she is.
Daminc is a fetishist.

Yeh, I'm kinky like that. Eyes and a mouth is a must (preferably on the actual head) :))

Well,I don't like these kind of questions.I don't know what result you want to get.Suppose we prove that men are more beautiful but for sure you don't leave women and looking for another man tomorrow.and you can't say that I'm more beautiful than every woman coz men are more beautiful. :uhh:
sometimes beautiful men have girlish prettiness but no one says that a woman with man appearance is beautiful! :devil:
I saw lots of men who hit the wall or door...when they're looking at a woman but I myself haven't seen this happpens to a woman. :rofl: and there are some beautiful woman that even other women want to look at them for so long(I'm not sure why but maybe you can say,they look at them for so long coz they feel jealous :devil: )but do guys have the same experience? :confused:
anyway,I think you have more problems when you're more beautiful. :cry:

I think you have more problems when you're more beautiful.
Luckily, I don't have that problem :yuck:

but do guys have the same experience?
I think us guys have less of a problem than ladies because there's less stigma on looking good for men.

The need to look good is force fed to a lot of women everyday so they're probably a lot more conscious of it.

Daminc said:
Yeh, I'm kinky like that. Eyes and a mouth is a must (preferably on the actual head) :))
I was referring, of course, to you preference for happy fat women over sulky supermodels.

Daminc said:
Luckily, I don't have that problem :yuck:
Good for you.

I think us guys have less of a problem than ladies because there's less stigma on looking good for men.
well,your problems are different.in fact,when a woman is beautiful,it causes lots of trouble for you like falling on the ground,hitting to wall... :rofl:
but if I want to be serious,I think men have to work hard to have an attractive manner and personality.you know you should learn how to speak and behave in order to win ladies' hearts!and I think it needs more time. :biggrin:

I think men are generally much more beautiful than women. I am neutral towards most men. And I am of a positive opinion of them unless their physical oblique or their language is reminiscent of something repugnant to me, which is rare. But most women, i find to be annoying,evil,insecure, and not pretty. Any women that i don't find to be defective are special.