Are women wearing nail polish attractive to you?

• Thread starter Silicon Waffle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: Do you find women wearing nail polish attractive?I remember some time ago we had a thread on "first world problems". This is certainly one of them.Only if you spill the nail polish.Only if you spill the nail polish.I'm pretty sure that's a problem no matter what country you're in.I find them unattractive.Thanks to this thread, I'm going to have to paint my nails tonight.
Silicon Waffle
Do you find women wearing nail polish attractive ?
Why do men not wear nail polish ?

Physics news on Phys.org
not really but a French manicure can be attractive.

Men do wear nail polish at times, and I have done so myself. It was to hold together a nail that tends to split.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
Do you find women wearing nail polish attractive ?

Fingers or toes?

I remember some time ago we had a thread on "first world problems". This is certainly one of them.

phinds said:
I remember some time ago we had a thread on "first world problems". This is certainly one of them.

Only if you spill the nail polish.

Drakkith said:
I'm pretty sure that's a problem no matter what country you're in.

I find them unattractive.

Thanks to this thread, I'm going to have to paint my nails tonight. Physics themed naturally - the nail polish with structural colouration making it iridescent, or dark blue with stars? Choices, choices. Happily, I care not one whit whether anyone else finds it attractive.

Drakkith said:
:smile:

As a male, I find nail polish attractive. I now see it as an extension of a secondary sexual characteristic of humans. When I was younger, I didn't really like girls that wore a lot of makeup and dressed up and stuff. I liked a down home girl who could milk a cow and had dirt underneath her unpainted and short and broken fingernails.

But as I got older, I developed a fetish, I mean an appreciation for women who make themselves attractive with lipstick, high heels, and of course, nail polish:kiss:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Vanadium 50 said:
Fingers or toes?
I mean both of them.

They are attractive if they are only wearing nail varnish:biggrin:

wolram said:
They are attractive if they are only wearing nail varnish:biggrin:
For me it is wearing only nail varnish.
And nothing else if you didn't get the joke.

wolram said:
They are attractive if they are only wearing nail varnish

Enigman said:

Well aren't these the politically correct responses. Personally, I like the more gaudy and conspicuous red nail polish. The redder the bedder.:smile:

DiracPool said:
Well aren't these the politically correct responses. Personally, I like the the more gaudy and conspicuous red nail polish. The redder the bedder.:smile:
There was a white text in my post that you need to select to see. The post without formatting reads:

And nothing else, if you didn't get the joke.

1. Is there any scientific evidence that shows men are attracted to women wearing nail polish?

There is limited research on this specific topic, but studies have shown that men tend to find women who wear makeup more attractive than those who do not. It is believed that this preference for makeup extends to nail polish as well.

2. What are some possible reasons why men may find women wearing nail polish attractive?

One possible reason is that nail polish can enhance the appearance of a woman's hands, making them appear more feminine and attractive. It can also be seen as a sign of good grooming and attention to detail, which can be appealing to some men.

3. Do all men find women wearing nail polish attractive?

No, not all men are attracted to women wearing nail polish. Attraction is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some men may prefer a more natural look while others may find nail polish to be a turn-off.

4. Can certain colors of nail polish be more attractive to men than others?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it ultimately depends on individual preferences. However, some studies have shown that men tend to find red and pink shades of nail polish to be more attractive than other colors.

5. Is wearing nail polish a determining factor in a man's overall attraction to a woman?

No, nail polish is just one aspect of a person's appearance and should not be seen as a determining factor in attraction. Other factors such as personality, confidence, and compatibility also play a significant role in a man's attraction to a woman.