Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you a clothes snob?

1. May 31, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I am not a snob but i like to buy the same things, like levi button 501s and
    plaid shirts, socks i try to buy by the dozen pair all the same, so i do not end up wearing odd ones, but it is getting so hard to find these clothes, ok i will only shop when i have to, the very idea makes me tremble but why is it so hard to find ones traditional togs?

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2006 #2
    Personally, I like a simple clean look. Something along the lines of black shoes, black or grey pants, a simple watch with a small black leather wrist band, and a nice polo shirt. But I usually dress like crap unless I am at work. (Jeans, adidas and a T-shirt)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. May 31, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

yuk, very marks and spencer, why do you americans call trousers pants ?

5. May 31, 2006 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

because pants is shorter and takes less time to spell

6. May 31, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Oh , yes i forgot PJs, i bet some of you still wear them. :rofl:

7. May 31, 2006 #6
    I wear flip-flops, shorts, and a t-shirt every single day. I consider anything more covering to be barbaric.

8. May 31, 2006 #7
    I wear jeans (usually wranglers or whatever else they have at Lammle's Western Wear lol) or shorts if weather permits, a t shirt and running shoes

9. May 31, 2006 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I started going to second hand clothing store (thrift stores) to buy nice polo shirts.

I got this nice yellow one for like $1.

Save big bucks and get things that are totally original. I hate wearing shirts other people might have. Not very often I see others with my shirt, but it does happen. I hate it.

10. Jun 1, 2006 #9

Mk

I wear jeans, a t-shirt/polo shirt, and sandals/tennis shoes. Everyday. Almost.

11. Jun 1, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm glad to hear that you wear clothing on most days. Sometimes the police are picky about that. :smile:

12. Jun 1, 2006 #11

Mk

Some people think it is weird that I wear tennis shoes or jeans instead of "zories" (sandals) and shorts/trunks. Well that is the island life for you.

Because it doesn't have a "u" in it like all european words. That food sure is full of colour and flavour. Just a moment, I must rendezvous with someone for a minute.

13. Jun 1, 2006 #12

Not so much in California. You should know this though.

14. Jun 1, 2006 #13

dav2008

Gold Member

I am not. 241241

15. Jun 1, 2006 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

duh. I forgot about Flash Fridays.:redface:

16. Jun 1, 2006 #15

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Becuase if we called them "pantaloons" we'd laugh so much and never get any work done.

And "trousers" sound like what mommy dresses her little kiddies in.

17. Jun 1, 2006 #16

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Why so formal!? :biggrin:

18. Jun 2, 2006 #17

wolram

Gold Member

I can see now that americans have no dress sence, pantyloons, sandles,
    polo shirts :yuck: :rofl:

19. Jun 2, 2006 #18
    Dressing well seems to be the forté of women, and I am constantly astonished at how sharp and attractive many of them look without being "dressed up" or in formal clothes. It seems to be the result of their concentration and focus on coodinating one thing with the other.

I don't much pay attention to other guy's clothes unless they unexpectedly show up dressed as pirates or Freddie Krueger.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?