Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you a geek?

1. Aug 12, 2004 #1
    I've always thought of geeks as low-IQ stereotypes. Imagine my disappointment when I scored at the Super Geek Level on this test . :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm a major geek.

4. Aug 12, 2004 #3
    What is the primary difference between a Geek and a Nerd, which one would be more likely to have a slide rule in pocket, and do either of these constitute a squirrel ?

5. Aug 12, 2004 #4
    I'm just a techie geek :)

6. Aug 12, 2004 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm a total geek. Nothing to cry about.

- Warren

7. Aug 12, 2004 #6
    Major.

Paden Roder

8. Aug 12, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm just a geek. But I already knew I was one of those (I laughed that I got extra points at the end for being a female geek). Hate to break it to ya, but anyone on these boards has to be at least somewhat geeky or they wouldn't think this was a fun place to hang out :biggrin:

9. Aug 12, 2004 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Major. Extra points for my calculator collection, I suppose. Geez! Like there's anything weird about that!

10. Aug 12, 2004 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Geek : 20%

11. Aug 12, 2004 #10

plover

Homework Helper

Major.

Extra points for privileges at an academic library while not a student.

(But... how do people live without access to academic libraries? :biggrin:)

12. Aug 12, 2004 #11
    good god thats a lot of questions...

based on the first 2 sections im a geek

13. Aug 13, 2004 #12
    Super Geek!

14. Aug 13, 2004 #13
    geek 20%

Only interested in Computer stuff :-D

15. Aug 13, 2004 #14

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Strange.. I only had Geekish tendencies (12%)

16. Aug 13, 2004 #15
    Major Geek reporting for duty. :smile:

17. Aug 13, 2004 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just a geek for me.

BoulderHead asked:
    Strange they didn't have one question about strange eating habits. Technically, a geek is a carnival performer who bites the heads off of live chickens or snakes to entertain the crowd.

Math Is Hard:
    Digital or analog? I collect the analog calculators (and I do have a pocket-size one that I sometimes carry). I only have about a dozen, but just about all of them are the really good ones. A couple of Post Versalogs (including my Dad's slide rule that I learned on after he got his first digital calculator), a Post 1491 (a chemical slide rule which is extremely interesting and almost more effective than a digital calculator for Chemistry classes - especially if the book is written by Chang, whom I suspect may be a collector himself, judging by how all the problems seem to be optimized for slide rule solutions), a Hemmi 255 Electrician's slide rule, a Hemmi 259 (the sister slide rule of the Post Versalog), an Albert Nestler 23R (the favorite of Werner VonBraun and Albert Einstein), a couple of Soviet Gosts (the equivalent of the AN 23R), and the big dog of slide rules: the Faber Castell 2/83N Novo-Duplex rule (size does matter).

:uhh: Uh, maybe I better go back and add a couple of extra points.

18. Aug 13, 2004 #17
    How in th world did you not get at least Major Geek!!!
    :smile: :confused:

19. Aug 13, 2004 #18

graphic7

Gold Member

31 % - Total geek.

I was rather disappointed. I was shooting for a bit of a higher score. I think what hurt me was unchecking, "I think this quiz is cool."

20. Aug 13, 2004 #19
    Super Geek. Worst part is...I've taken this test before. Its good to be a geek :biggrin:

21. Aug 13, 2004 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I think the reason why I didn't score enough here is that I threw away my Vesuvan Doppelgangers years ago, along with the Mahamoti Djinns and the rest of that stupid card game..

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook