Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you a geek?

1. Aug 12, 2004 #1
    I've always thought of geeks as low-IQ stereotypes. Imagine my disappointment when I scored at the Super Geek Level on this test . :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm a major geek.

4. Aug 12, 2004 #3
    What is the primary difference between a Geek and a Nerd, which one would be more likely to have a slide rule in pocket, and do either of these constitute a squirrel ?

5. Aug 12, 2004 #4
    I'm just a techie geek :)

6. Aug 12, 2004 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm a total geek. Nothing to cry about.

- Warren

7. Aug 12, 2004 #6
    Major.

Paden Roder

8. Aug 12, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm just a geek. But I already knew I was one of those (I laughed that I got extra points at the end for being a female geek). Hate to break it to ya, but anyone on these boards has to be at least somewhat geeky or they wouldn't think this was a fun place to hang out :biggrin:

9. Aug 12, 2004 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Major. Extra points for my calculator collection, I suppose. Geez! Like there's anything weird about that!

10. Aug 12, 2004 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Geek : 20%

11. Aug 12, 2004 #10

plover

Homework Helper

Major.

Extra points for privileges at an academic library while not a student.

(But... how do people live without access to academic libraries? :biggrin:)

12. Aug 12, 2004 #11
    good god thats a lot of questions...

based on the first 2 sections im a geek

13. Aug 13, 2004 #12
    Super Geek!

14. Aug 13, 2004 #13
    geek 20%

Only interested in Computer stuff :-D

15. Aug 13, 2004 #14

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Strange.. I only had Geekish tendencies (12%)

16. Aug 13, 2004 #15
    Major Geek reporting for duty. :smile:

17. Aug 13, 2004 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just a geek for me.

BoulderHead asked:
    Strange they didn't have one question about strange eating habits. Technically, a geek is a carnival performer who bites the heads off of live chickens or snakes to entertain the crowd.

Math Is Hard:
    Digital or analog? I collect the analog calculators (and I do have a pocket-size one that I sometimes carry). I only have about a dozen, but just about all of them are the really good ones. A couple of Post Versalogs (including my Dad's slide rule that I learned on after he got his first digital calculator), a Post 1491 (a chemical slide rule which is extremely interesting and almost more effective than a digital calculator for Chemistry classes - especially if the book is written by Chang, whom I suspect may be a collector himself, judging by how all the problems seem to be optimized for slide rule solutions), a Hemmi 255 Electrician's slide rule, a Hemmi 259 (the sister slide rule of the Post Versalog), an Albert Nestler 23R (the favorite of Werner VonBraun and Albert Einstein), a couple of Soviet Gosts (the equivalent of the AN 23R), and the big dog of slide rules: the Faber Castell 2/83N Novo-Duplex rule (size does matter).

:uhh: Uh, maybe I better go back and add a couple of extra points.

18. Aug 13, 2004 #17
    How in th world did you not get at least Major Geek!!!
    :smile: :confused:

19. Aug 13, 2004 #18

graphic7

Gold Member

31 % - Total geek.

I was rather disappointed. I was shooting for a bit of a higher score. I think what hurt me was unchecking, "I think this quiz is cool."

20. Aug 13, 2004 #19
    Super Geek. Worst part is...I've taken this test before. Its good to be a geek :biggrin:

21. Aug 13, 2004 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I think the reason why I didn't score enough here is that I threw away my Vesuvan Doppelgangers years ago, along with the Mahamoti Djinns and the rest of that stupid card game..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?