Are you a psychopath?

• Thread starter Ms Music
  • Start date
This is a quiz put out on the internet to promote Kevin Dutton's new book "The Wisdom of Psychopaths." A bit of fun, similar to the personality quizzes. :smile:

http://www.wisdomofpsychopaths.com/

And for the record, mine came up as 0 out of 33..... hhrrmmmmmm....

I can't wait to read the book!

I wanted to take the test and I have three passwords now and I never got past the gate with any of them.

Passwords??? Did I post the wrong link? All I did was scroll down, click the button that said to take the test, and it popped up within the web page... I will check it out.

Sorry!

The link still works for me, I am not sure why it is asking you for passwords? If I scroll down just a teeny bit (just below the "torn paper" section) there is a red button that says "Take the psychopath challenge". When I click that, a flash type box opens within the window with the first question. It doesn't do that for you?

Evo

Mentor
Worked fine for me.. I got 7 out of 33.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I got 8 out of 33.

*wonders about self :frown:*

Evo

Mentor
It seems if you have self confidence, you get points.

14 out of possible 33 :redface::cry:.

I only strongly disagreed to if it's ok to see animal in pain but disagreed to most others and agreed to liking fast things, I don't lose myself easily in high pressure things, it's okay to break rules, it's okay to step over people etc :redface:

But, I am below average so that's a relief :smile:

and agreed to liking fast things, I don't lose myself easily in high pressure things
I know those were two of my agrees, there might have been another. I really want to take this test again and analyze the questions and my answers. I don't think getting a positive score is anything bad, to those of you with the sad faces.

Actually, I am wondering if getting a zero is worse than teens? Wouldn't that mean I am vulnerable? (well, I DID marry an ASPD) *giggle*

I want that book!

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I'm a 7. RootX has always seemed creepy to me. Is he banworthy, perhaps? :devil:

I'm a 7. RootX has always seemed creepy to me. Is he banworthy, perhaps? :devil:
Nopes! :biggrin:

I haven't broken enough PF rules, and all of my 6 infractions are expired!

33 out of 33! Are they crazy?

I wonder what the average person who works at Goldman Sachs would score on this test.

turbo

Gold Member
I got 10 out of 33.

drizzle

Gold Member
12.......... . .

I got 16 out of 33 ......

Don't take it seriously. Most questions are nonsensical since they depend on the situation and individual person. e.g. is it ok for a victim of abuse to betray a partner? Is it bad to be able to withstand something if it just happens to be in a rare situation most others are exceptionally cowardly or weak? etc.

27 out of 33

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
11 of 33.

Sigh. 12 out of 33. I failed the Narcissism test too ... When will somebody post an online test I can get a good score in? :cry:

drizzle

Gold Member
Sigh. 12 out of 33. I failed the Narcissism test too ... When will somebody post an online test I can get a good score in? :cry:
Well.. I can tell you, this is a really REALLY good score.. Trut me. :biggrin:

As an aside, this months Scientific American Mind magazine has an article on getting advice from psychopaths in a mental institution. (January/February 2013) entitled " Wisdom from Psychpaths?" written by Kevin Dutton exerpted from his book.

Also I got 13 out of 33. Oh well.

Last edited: