Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you a psychopath?

1. Oct 16, 2012 #1
    This is a quiz put out on the internet to promote Kevin Dutton's new book "The Wisdom of Psychopaths." A bit of fun, similar to the personality quizzes. :smile:

http://www.wisdomofpsychopaths.com/

And for the record, mine came up as 0 out of 33..... hhrrmmmmmm....

I can't wait to read the book!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2012 #2
    I wanted to take the test and I have three passwords now and I never got past the gate with any of them.

4. Oct 16, 2012 #3
    Passwords??? Did I post the wrong link? All I did was scroll down, click the button that said to take the test, and it popped up within the web page... I will check it out.

Sorry!

5. Oct 16, 2012 #4
    The link still works for me, I am not sure why it is asking you for passwords? If I scroll down just a teeny bit (just below the "torn paper" section) there is a red button that says "Take the psychopath challenge". When I click that, a flash type box opens within the window with the first question. It doesn't do that for you?

6. Oct 16, 2012 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Worked fine for me.. I got 7 out of 33.

7. Oct 16, 2012 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got 8 out of 33.

*wonders about self :frown:*

8. Oct 16, 2012 #7
    11 out of a possible 33

9. Oct 16, 2012 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It seems if you have self confidence, you get points.

10. Oct 16, 2012 #9
  11. Oct 16, 2012 #10
    14 out of possible 33 :redface::cry:.

I only strongly disagreed to if it's ok to see animal in pain but disagreed to most others and agreed to liking fast things, I don't lose myself easily in high pressure things, it's okay to break rules, it's okay to step over people etc :redface:

But, I am below average so that's a relief :smile:

12. Oct 16, 2012 #11
    I know those were two of my agrees, there might have been another. I really want to take this test again and analyze the questions and my answers. I don't think getting a positive score is anything bad, to those of you with the sad faces.

Actually, I am wondering if getting a zero is worse than teens? Wouldn't that mean I am vulnerable? (well, I DID marry an ASPD) *giggle*

I want that book!

13. Oct 16, 2012 #12

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'm a 7. RootX has always seemed creepy to me. Is he banworthy, perhaps? :devil:

14. Oct 16, 2012 #13
    Nopes! :biggrin:

I haven't broken enough PF rules, and all of my 6 infractions are expired!

15. Oct 16, 2012 #14
    33 out of 33! Are they crazy?

16. Oct 16, 2012 #15
    I wonder what the average person who works at Goldman Sachs would score on this test.

17. Oct 16, 2012 #16

turbo

Gold Member

I got 10 out of 33.

18. Oct 16, 2012 #17

jhae2.718

Gold Member

Does getting the same score count for something?

19. Oct 16, 2012 #18

drizzle

Gold Member

12.......... . .

20. Nov 21, 2012 #19
    I got 16 out of 33 ......

21. Jan 12, 2013 #20
    Don't take it seriously. Most questions are nonsensical since they depend on the situation and individual person. e.g. is it ok for a victim of abuse to betray a partner? Is it bad to be able to withstand something if it just happens to be in a rare situation most others are exceptionally cowardly or weak? etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook