Take the "Are You a Psychopath?" Quiz - Wisdom of Psychopaths

• Thread starter Ms Music
  • Start date
In summary, the quiz on the internet is similar to personality quizzes, but it has a bit of a fun twist. People take the quiz to see if they are like a psychopath, and if they score high, it may give them some confidence. Some people think that getting a zero on the quiz means that the person is vulnerable, but others say that it's just a benchmark for how confident the person is. The article in Scientific American Mind magazine is about how to get advice from psychopaths in a mental institution, and it says that most of the advice is nonsensical because it depends on the situation and the individual.
Ms Music
This is a quiz put out on the internet to promote Kevin Dutton's new book "The Wisdom of Psychopaths." A bit of fun, similar to the personality quizzes. :smile:

http://www.wisdomofpsychopaths.com/

And for the record, mine came up as 0 out of 33... hhrrmmmmmm...

I can't wait to read the book!

Physics news on Phys.org
I wanted to take the test and I have three passwords now and I never got past the gate with any of them.

Passwords? Did I post the wrong link? All I did was scroll down, click the button that said to take the test, and it popped up within the web page... I will check it out.

Sorry!

The link still works for me, I am not sure why it is asking you for passwords? If I scroll down just a teeny bit (just below the "torn paper" section) there is a red button that says "Take the psychopath challenge". When I click that, a flash type box opens within the window with the first question. It doesn't do that for you?

Worked fine for me.. I got 7 out of 33.

I got 8 out of 33.

*wonders about self :frown:*

It seems if you have self confidence, you get points.

14 out of possible 33 :redface::cry:.

I only strongly disagreed to if it's ok to see animal in pain but disagreed to most others and agreed to liking fast things, I don't lose myself easily in high pressure things, it's okay to break rules, it's okay to step over people etc :redface:

But, I am below average so that's a relief :smile:

rootX said:
and agreed to liking fast things, I don't lose myself easily in high pressure things

I know those were two of my agrees, there might have been another. I really want to take this test again and analyze the questions and my answers. I don't think getting a positive score is anything bad, to those of you with the sad faces.

Actually, I am wondering if getting a zero is worse than teens? Wouldn't that mean I am vulnerable? (well, I DID marry an ASPD) *giggle*

I want that book!

I'm a 7. RootX has always seemed creepy to me. Is he banworthy, perhaps? :devil:

arildno said:
I'm a 7. RootX has always seemed creepy to me. Is he banworthy, perhaps? :devil:

Nopes! :biggrin:

I haven't broken enough PF rules, and all of my 6 infractions are expired!

33 out of 33! Are they crazy?

I wonder what the average person who works at Goldman Sachs would score on this test.

I got 10 out of 33.

Greg Bernhardt said:
11 out of a possible 33

Does getting the same score count for something?

12... . .

I got 16 out of 33 ...

Don't take it seriously. Most questions are nonsensical since they depend on the situation and individual person. e.g. is it ok for a victim of abuse to betray a partner? Is it bad to be able to withstand something if it just happens to be in a rare situation most others are exceptionally cowardly or weak? etc.

11 of 33.

Sigh. 12 out of 33. I failed the Narcissism test too ... When will somebody post an online test I can get a good score in? :cry:

NemoReally said:
Sigh. 12 out of 33. I failed the Narcissism test too ... When will somebody post an online test I can get a good score in? :cry:

Well.. I can tell you, this is a really REALLY good score.. Trut me. :biggrin:

As an aside, this months Scientific American Mind magazine has an article on getting advice from psychopaths in a mental institution. (January/February 2013) entitled " Wisdom from Psychpaths?" written by Kevin Dutton exerpted from his book.

Also I got 13 out of 33. Oh well.

Last edited:
22 out 33, which apperently means average :confused:

29 out of 33.

14 out of 33. Some may disagree, but I maintain my empathy :D

12/33. I'm skeptical about what one could learn from psychopaths, other than screwing people over, lying to people, conning people and screwing people over. Did I mention screwing people over? Anyway, I think that knowing how they do things and doing it yourself are two very different things. Supposedly some psychopaths get so caught up in their lies that they can't tell what the truth was to begin with. It's that kind of immersion that let's them be so confident in their deception.

1. What is the purpose of the "Are You a Psychopath?" quiz?

The purpose of the quiz is to provide individuals with an understanding of the traits and characteristics associated with psychopathy and to assess whether they may exhibit these traits.

2. How accurate is the "Are You a Psychopath?" quiz?

The quiz is not a diagnosis of psychopathy and should not be used as such. It is based on self-reporting and is meant to be used for educational and informative purposes only.

3. Can the quiz predict if I am a psychopath?

No, the quiz cannot predict if someone is a psychopath. It is simply a tool for self-assessment and should not be taken as a definitive answer.

4. Is there a "right" or "wrong" result on the "Are You a Psychopath?" quiz?

No, there is no right or wrong result on the quiz. The results are based on a scale and can indicate a range of traits and behaviors associated with psychopathy.

5. Should I be concerned if I receive a high score on the "Are You a Psychopath?" quiz?

If you are concerned about your results on the quiz, it is important to seek professional help and not rely solely on the quiz results. Only a trained mental health professional can provide a diagnosis of psychopathy.