"Strange Replies on PF: What's Behind It?"

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, sometimes people on the forums make strange and irrelevant posts that are difficult to understand. This can be due to a number of reasons, such as intentionally trying to confuse others, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or having brain trauma or mental illness. It can also be attributed to language barriers, as some non-native English speakers may struggle to express their thoughts clearly. However, there are also instances where people are able to communicate better in different languages when under the influence. Overall, it can be frustrating and a waste of time for others when people make nonsensical posts, but it is important to remember that there may be underlying factors at play.
Moonbear said:
I suggested some, but I think they got buried because they came up in another thread in feedback (was it the guru thread?). One was the groaning smiley, and the other was a puppy dog eyes smiley that HRW requested. I also thought we should switch the blue "cool" smiley that's in the post icons with the orange one that looks like a sunburnt Russ instead of cool. :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think you must be drunk! How dare to say that when Russ is around here! :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm going to search for some right now

Moonbear said:
I suggested some, but I think they got buried because they came up in another thread in feedback (was it the guru thread?). One was the groaning smiley, and the other was a puppy dog eyes smiley that HRW requested. I also thought we should switch the blue "cool" smiley that's in the post icons with the orange one that looks like a sunburnt Russ instead of cool. :biggrin:
We have posted on other threads a definite need for a 'tongue-in-cheek' or sarcasm smiley.

cool0019.gif

:rofl:Wow what's going on here? A thread for drunk people?

you knohw aht?! I don preciate urun-sometinor nother..and ur all like tat n stuff an id on likitfdsc...

Lisa! said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think you must be drunk! How dare to say that when Russ is around here! :cool:
Well, orange just isn't very cool. Blue is cool, orange is hot! :biggrin:

The Smoking Man said:
We have posted on other threads a definite need for a 'tongue-in-cheek' or sarcasm smiley.
I haven't really found one that conveys that better than this smiley :rolleyes: yet.

Moonbear said:
Well, orange just isn't very cool. Blue is cool, orange is hot! :biggrin:
I prefer cool. Hot really looks terrible.

that makes no sense. unless you take it from a literal point of view. whuch I'm not right now.

You have no imagination.

Wow one of those people whom I always think he's drunk whenever he visits GD!:biggrin: