Am I normal or just plain reckless?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Normal
In summary, Zooby is normal in the way that he has a normal job, car, and other stuff, but he is different in the way that he is outside of the norm. He has put in effort to learn how to act normal when he is around normal people, but he still finds himself to be different than most people. He is a crazed man who is constantly getting into dangerous situations.

how normal do you think you are?

• 1- NOT AT ALL

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 2- i have a few normal characteristics but for the most but NOPE

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3- ehhh, i lean on both sides of the normal/crazy line

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 4- i'm pretty normal i think...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5- I am the definition of normalcy

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • other, explain

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Gale
are you normal??

How normal would you rate yourself and why?

Physics news on Phys.org
If everyone who answers this says they are not normal, does that become the norm?

Most people perceive me as normal. Most people are wrong.

I am normal in the way that i have a normal job, a normal car and normal other stuff, but i think everyone is unique in there own way, as cliched as that sounds its true.

Other:

I redefine normal.

I seem perfectly normal to me!

I have examined my patterns of both thought and deed, and found that they fit perfectly into the perameters established by my own behavior.

So Normal that it is completely uncommon.

I find myself to be way outside
the norm. I had put in a lot of
effort learning how to act normal
when I'm around normal people. I
don't think any of them are really fooled but things go more smoothly
if they sense you are at least putting some effort into fitting
in.

Sometimes I can fool myself into THINKING I'm normal. Especially when I am WITH normal people. While I get along very well with 'normal' people, I'm frequently hit by the realization that I'm the only one that I've cracked up! I get many strange looks. Mostly from my friends. A somewhat bizarre and perverse sense of humor gets me through life. This is normal for ME. Mostly I make people laugh a lot, but those strange looks...they do pop up quite frequently. So I don't know... Does any of this sound 'normal' to anyone?

I think Lurch said it best. "I seem perfectly normal to me!
I have examined my patterns of both thought and deed, and found that they fit perfectly into the perameters established by my own behavior."

Zooby! I know someone JUST LIKE YOU! He spends a whole LOT of time on his computer.

No comment. :wink:

Tsunami:

Zooby! I know someone JUST LIKE YOU! He spends a whole LOT of time on his computer.Does this mean he is just like me
because he spends a lot of time on
his computer, or that he spends
alot of time on his computer be-
cause he is just like me?

What am I like, anyway?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I find myself to be way outside
the norm. I had put in a lot of
effort learning how to act normal
when I'm around normal people. I
don't think any of them are really fooled but things go more smoothly
if they sense you are at least putting some effort into fitting
in.

Did YOU post this? Or was it your evil twin?

Originally posted by Tsunami:

While I get along very well with 'normal' people, I'm frequently hit by the realization that I'm the only one that I've cracked up! I get many strange looks.

From your last post I now have
deeper insight into the above
description of yourself.

I'm a complete crazed man. I never do anything like its supposed to be done and I am constantly getting into dangerous activities that could kill me.

1. What does it mean to be "normal"?

There is no single definition of what it means to be "normal." It can vary depending on cultural, societal, and personal beliefs and norms. In scientific research, "normal" is often used as a statistical measure, referring to the average or most common behavior or physical characteristic within a population.

2. How do scientists measure or define "normal"?

In scientific research, "normal" is typically defined through statistical analysis. This can include calculations of mean, median, and mode, as well as standard deviations from the mean. Other measures, such as percentiles, can also be used to define "normal" within a population.

3. Is being "normal" important?

The concept of "normal" can have both positive and negative connotations. While it can be useful in certain scientific contexts, it is important to recognize that everyone is unique and there is no one "normal" way to be. It is important to celebrate diversity and individual differences rather than conforming to an idea of what is considered "normal."

4. Can someone be abnormal or deviate from "normal" in a positive way?

Yes, absolutely. Being "abnormal" or deviating from what is considered "normal" can often lead to innovation, creativity, and progress. It is important to not view being different as inherently negative and to embrace and celebrate diversity.

5. How can I determine if I am "normal"?

As mentioned before, "normal" is a subjective and fluid concept. It is important to recognize that there is no one way to be "normal" and that it is not necessary to fit into a specific mold. Instead of worrying about being "normal," focus on being true to yourself and embracing your unique qualities and characteristics.