Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you really a fan ?

1. Feb 16, 2005 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now this guy here is a true and loyal fan of his team : mirror.co.uk

WARNING : Possibly scary stuff below...

What is the most you'd do to show loyalty to your team ?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2005 #2
    Go to a game. Scream a little. That is the most. I cannot believe this guy, but then again I can, have you ever met a welshman? Very nice but an odd sort (based on the few that I knew- I know a horrible generalization).
    Cheers

4. Feb 16, 2005 #3
    Well, he sure takes his ball games seriously.

5. Feb 16, 2005 #4
    He is a man of his word, I respect that. :rofl:

I think these people in London take things a little too seriously. ie this story

Yahoo News Story: Aaahhhhhhhh

6. Feb 16, 2005 #5

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The first one is a wonderful example of Darwinism in action. I wouldn't be surprised if he's awarded a Darwin Award for his action. While the site does say that the honoree needs to die to receive it, they have awarded it to those who manage to sterilize themselves due to stupidity assuming that they don't have children before the act occurs.

7. Feb 16, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Actually, it says dead or sterile. I think we have a winner!

8. Feb 16, 2005 #7

Nope death is unnecessary, you just have to remove yourself from the gene pool. HE wins.

9. Feb 16, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since it is obvious now that some people do take such threats and promises seriously, I better state for the record that when I threaten to castrate the men on the board here, I am only joking.

Have you ever seen a Welshman drink? The good news is he probably didn't feel a thing...until later. :yuck: I think the mental illness went without saying.

10. Feb 16, 2005 #9

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Noooooo..... :cry: :yuck: that's a-w-f-u-l...ouch, visceral reaction. Now that I am done wincing and cringing...I say, splendid idea about the Darwin award thing. Somebody nominate this "bloke".

:rofl:

11. Feb 17, 2005 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Darwin Award definitely.

As Hawkeye mentioned about Col Flagg - "if we had more like him, we would have less like him."

12. Feb 17, 2005 #11
    He can place them in a jar of pickled onions, right next to Tribdog's.

As far as my fanaticism, if they held the Superbowl in my backyard, I might peak out the window once or twice, just to see if they are done. :smile:

13. Feb 17, 2005 #12
    about the only thing I love enough to cut off my testicle for is my testicle.

14. Feb 17, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, if it was in my backyard, I'd be out in the crowd screaming and waving my hands...shouting at them to get off the grass, they're ruining the lawn. :biggrin:

15. Feb 17, 2005 #14

Yeah, they might kill all your slugs, and then who would you share booze with?

16. Feb 17, 2005 #15
    LOL. Love it.
    :biggrin:

17. Feb 17, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What do you mean share? Who said anything about sharing? :biggrin:

18. Feb 17, 2005 #17
    I just know what your slugs ahve been telling me about you :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?