Are you single, married, or do you have a gf/bf?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: I am content with my current situation.I'm content with my current situation.I'm single and content with it.In summary, being single sucks.

What is your status?

• Single

Votes: 65 54.2%
  • Married

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • GF/BF or significant other

Votes: 26 21.7%

• Total voters
Desiree is the girl I once fell in love with.

Physics news on Phys.org
Desiree said:
29 year old male, still single and virgin:( This(PF) is my last resort/attempt to find love;)

I was much older than you are now when I got married.

Looks like Mr Christian has an interesting assortment or papers.

Evo said:
I've been here 5 years and no one has pounced on me. :grumpy:

(there goes evo's private message folder filling up again)

single for me

Girlfriend of 1 year and 2 months.

What sort of engineer would I be if I had a girlfriend?

i'm 21 years old, virgin, never kissed a girl, never been on a date, never had a gf, and feel no shame to it!

About to go mad...like seriously insane...

ekrim said:
What sort of engineer would I be if I had a girlfriend?

Could be a better one, or could be worse? I don't think it'd matter. You may not be able to do much more work (if you're talking about a /demanding/ girlfriend... but I mean, again, that's a "demanding" gf), but it doesn't necessarily mean the quality of work you do will be degrading.

Evo said:

:

Be patient!They have to do calculations in their own way before pouncing on you. It's a science forum after all!:rolleyes:

Evo said:

I always thought Desiree was a girl's name. :uhh:

You should have made it clear 5 years ago that you were single, like I did now:smile: try www.plentyoffish.com[/URL] it's free!

Desiree is a girl's name, you were always right!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the votes of the poll were public, it was a good help for single PF'ers to know each other and who knows...:wink:
Desiree said:
29 year old male, still single and virgin:( This(PF) is my last resort/attempt to find love;)

Desiree said:
You should have made it clear 5 years ago that you were single, like I did now:smile: try www.plentyoffish.com[/URL] it's free!

Desiree is a girl's name, you were always right![/QUOTE]

It's true that you increase your chance of finding your significant other here by telling other PF'ers that you're single and you're looking for 1, but you know I guess most of people here think that your female because of your user name unless they have read the posts of this thread!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Single. Never really been in a close long-lasting relationship either. At least nothing more than what you would call 'flings'. Well, there was this one girl that almost had me talked into moving out to Colorado with her... had a four bedroom house on 250+ acres, 30 minutes from the nearest town, had a job setup for me at a local telecom company. Sometimes I think about what would have happened if I left with her, but honestly I didn't know her that well.

B. Elliott said:
Single. Never really been in a close long-lasting relationship either. At least nothing more than what you would call 'flings'. Well, there was this one girl that almost had me talked into moving out to Colorado with her... had a four bedroom house on 250+ acres, 30 minutes from the nearest town, had a job setup for me at a local telecom company. Sometimes I think about what would have happened if I left with her, but honestly I didn't know her that well.

hey...if nothing else, it would have been an adventure...and she must have at least seen something there

Next month my bf and I will be together for four years, I think we will go to Antwerp for the weekend and do some shopping :biggrin: I think it is OK to be single, the most important thing is to be happy with yourself, that always comes first.

Next month, my wife and I will have been together for 34 years. I think I'll keep her.:uhh:

turbo-1 said:
Next month, my wife and I will have been together for 34 years. I think I'll keep her.:uhh:

Are you sure? You don't want to rush into anything.

Single. I met this girl who was nice a while ago and we went on a few dates. She was nice...eh-ish, but on one date she had a tank top on and I have a thing about girls skin. It has to be perfect. She was also dressed pretty crappy, and I expect a girl to dress nice when I'm around her. I dress nice, so can she. Period, no excuses. When I picked her up I even told her she looked like crap. That was a miserable day...:mad: She had some blemishes on her back, among other things I did not like about her in terms or personality. So I just ignored her calls after that. Its super important to me that a girl has really, really good skin.

Cyrus said:
Its super important to me that a girl has really, really good skin.
How is your skin? I think it is kind of superficial to think like that.

Monique said:
How is your skin? I think it is kind of superficial to think like that.

No, its not. If you're dating someone, its a potential mate. You want a mate that is clean and as healthy as possible. A girl must have a really nice back with clear skin. My skin is nice and I take care of it. There are lots of girls around with nice skin, she can take a hike. But her skin wasnt the major thing that made me ignore her. There were more significant things, which I am not getting into.

Cyrus said:
No, its not. If you're dating someone, its a potential mate. You want a mate that is clean and as healthy as possible. A girl must have a really nice back with clear skin.
OK, so I'm following your logic:
a date is a potential mate
a mate's most important asset is bearing children, so she needs to be healthy
an important (if not the best) indicator of health is clear skin

Is that about right?

I agree with Cyrus (did I just say that ?) about the skin thing. Ths skin is a very important sensual part of the relation, including touch and smell. If this does match, it is not an auspicious beginning. It is also easy for me to claim that Cyrus could at least have picked up the phone once :tongue2:

Monique said:
Next month my bf and I will be together for four years, I think we will go to Antwerp for the weekend and do some shopping :biggrin: I think it is OK to be single, the most important thing is to be happy with yourself, that always comes first.
That is so awesome Monique. I think after 4 years together, you're not really single, that's a pretty commited relationship. :smile:

Is that why you don't like girls with tattoos? Skin fetish?

Kurdt said:
Are you sure? You don't want to rush into anything.
I'm still in evaluation mode...gotta leave all options open. I could meet a double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and has an open-minded twin sister. :tongue2:

Hey! It could happen. :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
OK, so I'm following your logic:
a date is a potential mate
a mate's most important asset is bearing children, so she needs to be healthy
an important (if not the best) indicator of health is clear skin

Is that about right?

We all have things that we like about the opposite sex. Many of them differ from person to person. Myself, I must have a girl with nice skin and brunette. Thats just what I like.

One of the reasons I don't like blondes is they have very fair skin and freckles. I don't like that. I like a nice tan/olive complexion.

A person has to be clean looking, and take care of themselves.

humanino said:
I agree with Cyrus (did I just say that ?) about the skin thing. Ths skin is a very important sensual part of the relation, including touch and smell. If this does match, it is not an auspicious beginning. It is also easy for me to claim that Cyrus could at least have picked up the phone once :tongue2:

Why waste my air time minutes? She got the point. What do I care? I am don't want to date her...

humanino said:
It is also easy for me to claim that Cyrus could at least have picked up the phone once :tongue2:
The poor girl: "sorry, I only date people with really really good skin :tongue: Sorry Cyrus for being cynical, I do understand where you are coming from, for it to be a deal-breaker there must have been other issues (which you already acknowledged).

Cyrus said:
Why waste my air time minutes? She got the point. What do I care? I am don't want to date her...
Just in case you come accros her corpse after she commited suicide, leaving a note indicating her disappointment from the perspective to even spend one more minute with your exceptional being was overwhelming. At least she might have survived for the rest of us if you invented something like we all do.

Cyrus said:
Single. I met this girl who was nice a while ago and we went on a few dates. She was nice...eh-ish, but on one date she had a tank top on and I have a thing about girls skin. It has to be perfect. She was also dressed pretty crappy, and I expect a girl to dress nice when I'm around her. I dress nice, so can she. Period, no excuses. When I picked her up I even told her she looked like crap. That was a miserable day...:mad: She had some blemishes on her back, among other things I did not like about her in terms or personality. So I just ignored her calls after that. Its super important to me that a girl has really, really good skin.
You mean one break out and she's history?

I have bug bites, does that rule me out? :frown:

And people thought I was crazy about needing to exfoliate that two inches in the middle of my back! See, Cyrus would dump me for that tiny spot. How many women could never figure out why that guy never called back after the first date. It was rough elbows!

Monique said:
The poor girl: "sorry, I only date people with really really good skin :tongue: Sorry Cyrus for being cynical, I do understand where you are coming from, for it to be a deal-breaker there must have been other issues (which you already acknowledged).

The thing was, when I first met her she didnt have a tank top. Had I seen her skin before hand I would not have ever agreed to go out with her. (And various other personality traits).

Dont get me wrong, she's a nice person. But I just can't bring myself to date her.

Monique said:
sorry, I only date people with really really good skin :tongue:
:rofl:
We all come up with reasons for our own rationality, be it that or something else, but we can't really know right away. The thing is what you feel and nothing else matter. You don't need to give a reason to the girl. Just a "it's not working, it's not you, it's us, I don't feel it" is enough.

Evo said:

And people thought I was crazy about needing to exfoliate that two inches in the middle of my back! See, Cyrus would dump me for that tiny spot. How many women could never figure out why that guy never called back after the first date. It was rough elbows!

Don't post a photo of that un-foliated 2x4 area of your back, evo!

Evo said:

Well that was 1/2 of the major issues. But that was the tipping point that made me say, yeah she's history.

Im also very independent. I don't like people bothering me. She would text me every day or call me... I mean get a life. Call me once a week when you want to get togther over the weekend or something. I'm studying or reading and I am getting interrupted. I think that's the main reason why I'm not dating right now. I do NOT want people bothering me doing what I want to do. I like to go home and just sit alone in peace and quiet and read/study or read PF. My phone calls with my friends consist of "Whats up, you busy, let's do x, aite cya". To the point...

Dont worry, I'd never ignore your calls evo, :wink: