Area between curves

• Thread starter zebra1707
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Using the domain 0 < x < pi sketch the two functions y=2sin(x/3) and y = 2x/pi on the same axes. Find the area

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have sketch the graphs. And attached my working so far - can someone confirm my workings so far. Many thanks

Regards

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Answers and Replies

What you scanned is so faint it's very difficult to read. It would be easier to read if you put your work directly in the text box.

Ive adjusted the contrast and looks okay on my mac - let me know if it is still faint.

Cheers

It's clearer now. If you post here often though, you should get into the habit of entering your equations here rather than taking a picture and posting that.

You have your integrands backwards, which is why you're getting negative values (or at least a negative value for the first one.

The two graphs cross at (pi/2, 1). On the interval [0, pi/2] the sine graph is larger than the graph of the line. On the interval [pi/2, pi] the graph of the line is above the graph of the sine function.

Other than that, your antiderivatives appear OK, but I didn't double-check the numbers you got.