1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Area Bounded by a Polar Curve

1. May 30, 2009 #1

jgens

Gold Member

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Determine the expression for the area bounded by a polar curve and the criterion for integrability using both Darboux and Riemann sums.

2. Relevant equations

N/A

3. The attempt at a solution

Any suggestions on how to correct any errors in the following proof, particularly in the steps determining the criterion for Riemann integrability are much appreciated. I'm not particularly great at proofs so constructive criticism is welcome. I had to convert the file to a pdf and it screwed up a couple of the equations, most notably, a factor of (ti - ti-1) appears in the denominator when it should not. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2009 #2

jgens

Gold Member

I found a better method to convert the file to a pdf. Hopefully this will make it easier to read and correct some of the conversion errors from the other pdf.

Attached Files:

4. May 31, 2009 #3

jgens

Gold Member

No one has any comments?

5. May 31, 2009 #4
    Just so you know that you're not waiting because noone wants to help you, your attachments are

'Attachments Pending Approval'

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook