1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Area of Rhombhus

1. Nov 8, 2005 #1
    In triangle ABC, find points X, Y and Z on AB, BC and CA such that AXYZ is a rhombhus. Show that area of the rhombhus AXYZ<= 1/2A(ABC)
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You have posted a number of questions without any indication what, if anything, you have done on it yourself. We will not do your homework for you! We will try to give hints but we need to know what you have tried so we can guage your understanding and see where you are going wrong.
  4. Nov 9, 2005 #3
    i tried with the trapezium BXZY and CYXZ. but couldn't reah nowhere. after that a close look made me understand thatAY is the angle bisectors and XZ is its pependicular bisector. but i don't know how to use this property to move on. but i wrote all ratios i willget like- AB/AC = BY/CY. but the need is AX + AZ + 1/2(AB + AC)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?