Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Arizona, trashed by aliens

1. Apr 14, 2005 #1
    http://members.cox.net/hijinx/B58.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, but a thread aimed at discrediting a portion of the populace just isn't conducive to a positive discussion.

So aliens buy a lot of bottled water and gatorade based on these pictures?

You'd think that coming here from another part of the universe they could make their own.

4. Apr 15, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

All i gotta say is what i really hate is if anyone ever dares say anything about border security or border patrol, its as if a satellite immediately pinpoints your coordinates and every single person with a dissimilar view fires off statements such as 'your a bigot' or 'you racist POS' or 'stop exploiting people'. I bet a far higher percentage of anti-border security people consider this a race issue then the pro-border security people do.

I mean come on, who are these politicians catering too? People from other countries dont vote for them... ok well, i figure i know who there catering too. I mean how can people think its bad to stop an illegal act? Should we stop charging peopel for murder or decriminalize rape? I mean people can still get citizenship or residency here easily, ask my friend who got US citizenship at like 10 years old completely legally. I think most Americans can agree on the idea that if a 10 year old can do it, we should let people try it.

5. Apr 15, 2005 #4
    While the tone of the article does seem a bit harsh I think it really gives you a better idea of the situation and how it effects people than the PC version of the story you would generally see. I listen to a talk radio station that is following the Minute Men project and the reporter there has interviewed several of the residents in that area as well as border patrol agents that are quite greatful for what they are doing. Ofcourse in those interviews the things that seemed to worry the residents most were the "coyotes" and drug runners who are most often armed. I guess, even as unnerving as it would be to me, you just sorta get used to random illegal immigrants wandering through your property at night.

6. Apr 15, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I would absolutely lose it. Im ready to start firing away at any shadow i see moving outside my window on the backyard lawn and i live in a 400,000 population city lol. I would go nuts and move away especially with the thought in my head that 'they MAY be armed'.

7. Apr 15, 2005 #6

SOS2008

Gold Member

Pursuant to successful passage of Arizona's Prop 200 in 2004 http://yesonprop200.com/info/proposition_200.html, the issue of illegal immigration is very important here in Arizona and other border states as well. Another good, though long article for recommended reading is posted on the official web site for Arizona's Jon Kyle (R) United States Senate http://www.kfi640.com/time_dooropen.html

In the meantime, CNN has been doing a series on the topic, and here are some excerpts from last night's news: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0504/14/ldt.01.html

Assuming that Bush's assertions are true that illegal immigration is needed for our economy to function, there are so many other effects such as disease that must be taken into consideration.

I will add information on poll results later.

8. Apr 15, 2005 #7

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So why did you unlock it,Evo?Or was it someone else...?

Daniel.

P.S.It's still crap.

P.P.S.I see,you opened only on the condition it got hi-jacked. :wink:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  9. Apr 15, 2005 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Thats very questionable in my eyes. As someone who lives in California in a cit with a large concentration of illegal immigrants, with 2 parents with 30+ years experience working for the welfare department, i think i know a little about what goes on. There are plenty of legal residents, some even citizens, from other countries who take welfare checks that are capable and willing to work at these jobs illegal immigrants take (but at the time, dont see job openings). If you take out a thousand illegal immigrants, a thousand legal residents will fill their place.

What might be better though if for some reason people decide not to work.... they should put some of the 2 million US prison population into the fields to work! Wouldn't mind seeing some punk kid arrested for armed robbery or home invasion out there picking grapes :D. What would really float my boat would be someone arrested for some nerdy computer crime get thrown out in to the fields :P.

10. Apr 15, 2005 #9

SOS2008

Gold Member

I used the word "assuming" because I do not agree with Bush's proposal for "guest worker" amnesty. Those who are old enough to remember making extra money bailing hay in the summer or cutting grass for the neighbor, or in my case busing tables when I was in high school, it is hard to believe these needs cannot be met without allowing illegal aliens to flood across the borders. Or maybe the younger generations are too good to be pulled away from their Xboxes and their parents who subsidize them for who knows how long? Real quick, here are findings from a recent CNN poll (as of today's date):

11. Apr 15, 2005 #10

Evo

I agreed to unlock it as long as it is about issues surrounding immigration and not accusing a group of leaving trash.

I grew up in Texas, quite a population of illegal aliens there and they are people that have made the difficult choice to come into the US and be worked and treated worse than dogs so they can make a living for their families. They don't come here to goof off.

I was in Dallas recently and we drove down one of the streets where groups of aliens gather on street corners waiting for people to come by and pick them up for a day's work. These aren't lazy, dirty people. These are poor, unfortunate people willing to work to live.

I'm not condoning entering and working illegally in the US and it's certainly a problem, but I can empathize with their situation.

12. Apr 15, 2005 #11

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ooops,:redface: i had no idea it was about dirt caused by illegal immigrants,i thought "aliens" really meant ALIENS (as in E.T. :rofl:)...OMG !!! :surprised:

:rofl:

Daniel.

EDIT:"Arizona,trashed by aliens".Add neighboring New Mexico and Roswell and there you go:ALIENS. :tongue2:

13. Apr 15, 2005 #12

Evo

It could be ET's all the pictures show are empty bottles. :biggrin:

14. Apr 15, 2005 #13

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hey,i didn't know aliens are not allowed to drink.:uhh: That's so unfair...:cry:

Daniel.

15. Apr 15, 2005 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmm.. no, I don't think so. All the crop circles I've seen were very neat and tidy. :biggrin:

16. Apr 15, 2005 #15

Yeah, those 'Aliens' leave their trash scattered all over the place! The saucercraft debree alone is scattered across half of Roswell! :biggrin:

17. Apr 15, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Is that some sort of allusion to the civil war lol.

18. Apr 15, 2005 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Anyone can understand their situation. The problem is the Mexican government. Their politicians (and this is from people with first hand accounts, not some interest group selling me their ideology) tell their people to go into the US illegally and bring back US dollars. How bout they take all their horribly distributed wealth and put it into the actual country to allow their citizens to legally come to the US if they want.

19. Apr 15, 2005 #18
    If that were the case then why would the text say,

and

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2005
  20. Apr 15, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not a fan of the amnesty program idea, as I think people should not be rewarded for something illegal. However, I wonder if it might actually help curb some of these problems with disease, because more of the illegals might seek medical help if they aren't afraid of deportation. Nonetheless, it's going to be a huge burden on the healthcare system along the borders if they need to treat these illegal immigrants on the US taxpayer tab instead of shipping them back to Mexico for treatment there. There is already a burden because those hospitals can't refuse to treat patients. It's not going to stop them from coming in with diseases, but at least we might be able to stop them and get them to treatment sooner before they spread the disease to the population-at-large.

21. Apr 15, 2005 #20
    Just imagine what their lives must have been like if they decided that it was better to move to the US and risk everything and be homeless in a foreign country where they probably don't even speak the native language. I wouldn't like the bottles and feces in my backyard, but people have to eat and drink. Can anyone resent them for trying to improve their lives?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?