Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Arrested Developement

1. Jan 4, 2006 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I still can't believe FOX is cancelling this show. It won an emmy!!
    It is one of the best shows on TV. I don't know who I'm more mad at FOX, or the people that'd rather tune in to Trading Spouses and crap like that.

I'm definitely mad a fox for not leaving it in a single TV Spot they should have left it inbetween the Simpsons and Family Guy. The War at Home is there now and thats a horrible show. It gets good ratings because, guess what its inbetween The Simpsons and Family Guy!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the rant. What do you guys think?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

There canceling it again!??!?!?!

4. Jan 4, 2006 #3
    I got seasons 1 and 2 on dvd for xmas, I love it!

5. Jan 4, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

How is it that I always miss all the good shows? :frown:

6. Jan 4, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Why is it that these idiots keep a crappy as hell show on like the war at home while constantly canceling hte greatest shows ever created such as Family guy and Arrested development.

7. Jan 4, 2006 #6

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The War at Home gets good ratings thats why their keeping it. Not because its a good show but because its on between two of the greatest shows ever made, The Simpsons and Family Guy. Seriosly those two shows and Arrested are the ONLY things keeping me watching FOX.

8. Jan 4, 2006 #7
    Memories of Firefly. :(

9. Jan 4, 2006 #8
    I think that Wasteofo2's words from the female president thread are perfect here...
    Just because there are plenty of people out there that recognize the quality in any particular thing and award it something doesn't mean that the majority of people really care.

10. Jan 4, 2006 #9

Haven't you figured out that the people at fox are morons??

Let's consider other shows they've trashed: Futurama and Firefly.

'Nuff said. Utter morons.

I have this borrowed/plagiarized theory that media executives are similar to sociopaths on a basic neurological level. See, sociopaths cannot feel empathy for others generally, they are physically incapable of appreciating or caring about the damage their actions can do to others. Likewise, media executives are physiologically incapable of telling crap from what is not crap. All normal humans can do it. We know not to eat out of toilet after doing our business. Media executives are incapable of making that distinction.

11. Jan 4, 2006 #10

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

12. Jan 7, 2006 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Fox execs. They're just chicken!

Coh cacoh cacoh cacoh!

Chaw chee-chaw! chaw cheechaw!

A-coodle-doodle-doo! A-coodle-doodle-doo!

"Has any one of you ever seen a chicken?"

13. Jan 7, 2006 #12

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Thank god I'm not the only person who hates The War at home. Oh my god he said black instead of ______, oooh controversy!
    Arrested Development actually played on crazy situations and elaborate stories that all seem to intertwine. Was it written or directed by the people who made Seinfeld? It seems similar in that way.

14. Jan 7, 2006 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It has no connection to Seinfeld that I know of. It is entirely the brain child of a guy named Mitch Hurwitz, and some other writers who can match his style of writing and directing.

The rumor is that Showtime might pick it up; the sooner the better, but it means I'll have to get cable installed.

15. Jan 7, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Showtime? I don't want to pay $15 a month to see one damn show!

16. Jan 7, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You mean people still watch FOX? :surprised I don't even know what Arrested Development is about. I can't recall the last time I watched anything on FOX.

17. Jan 7, 2006 #16
    NOOOOOO They can't do that!!!!! :(

I'm just glad that NBC hasn't thrown Scrubs away...

18. Jan 7, 2006 #17

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Not to derail the thread, but is cable a rare thing to have in the US? In Canada, basic cable is called "peasant vision". Nobody uses antenna. You either have cable/satelite or you don't watch TV at all.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  19. Jan 7, 2006 #18
    ShawnD, I know maybe two people who do not have satellite, but they have cable.... People who own a house usually do have cable.

20. Jan 7, 2006 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Theres normally 1 or 2 people that you know who don't have cable and when you tell someone they don't have cable or they tell someone they don't have cable, it's like telling someone you have cancer for the first time. It's like :surprised :surprised :surprised NO CABLE!?!??!! How do you live?!?!?!?!

And just to think... 4 or 5 years ago you were the awe of the neighborhood if you had cable. If you had satellite however 4 years ago, wooo buddy, you must be some sorta mad scientist to have SATELLITE TV. As if the transmission was being brought through satellites from some alien world transmitting secret broadcasts from the CIA.

21. Jan 7, 2006 #20
    These are the same wise men who cancelled Family Guy and now it is back on! THey cancelled Lonegunmen, drove the X-Files into the ground, are currently dragging the Simpsons through the mud, cancelled Futurama (not that great but is better than the new Simpsons), and now they are cancelling Arrested Development?!
    I haven't watched the show since the first season, but this disapoints me. Not only did they move it to a time slot when I can't view it (work), they are throwing it away. I hope it become a sucsess on another network.

I can't watch any other network comedy because they are all retarded: According to Jim, 2 and a half men, Scrubs. Then again I only watch about an hour of tv a day, so I shouldn't complaining.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?