Art of Electronics 3rd Edition

In summary, the Art of Electronics 3rd Edition is a comprehensive guide for learning the fundamentals of electronics and practical circuit design. Written by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, the book covers topics such as basic circuit analysis, amplifiers, digital electronics, and microcontrollers. It also includes helpful illustrations, circuit examples, and troubleshooting tips. With its clear explanations and thorough coverage of key concepts, this book is a valuable resource for both beginners and experienced electronics enthusiasts.
DrPapper
Has anyone seen the newest edition? Is it much better than the 2nd? I own the 2nd but am interested in the newer one if it's better.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a different book. First four chapters are more or less the same. Then it... forks.
You can download the index and a sample chapter (chapter 9) from the publisher's website - and if you look on the web you will find a dropbox account with the same file and the blessing of Winfield Hill.
Confront the new chapter 9 with the old chapter 6 and you'll get an idea of how much it has changed.

I have the second edition, and I will not get rid of it now that I have the third.

P.S.
If you can, wait for the first reprint to have these http://artofelectronics.net/errata/ fixed.
(and maybe they will call kelvins just "kelvins" and not "degrees kelvin")

Last edited:
one thing about the new edition is that it doesn't show examples of bad circuits I'm also keeping my second edition for not only that reason but because I now have the student manual for it.

Likes DrPapper and berkeman
Is it available?

What a shame! I bought the second edition earlier this year.

*****after checking amazon******

Wow, Rs. 8659. Must be imported edition. But can't they make it cheaper. Rs. 8659 is too high for students like me, to afford. That's practically a salary for teachers in some institutions.

SredniVashtar said:
It's a different book. First four chapters are more or less the same. Then it... forks.
You can download the index and a sample chapter (chapter 9) from the publisher's website - and if you look on the web you will find a dropbox account with the same file and the blessing of Winfield Hill.
Confront the new chapter 9 with the old chapter 6 and you'll get an idea of how much it has changed.

I have the second edition, and I will not get rid of it now that I have the third.

P.S.
If you can, wait for the first reprint to have these http://artofelectronics.net/errata/ fixed.
(and maybe they will call kelvins just "kelvins" and not "degrees kelvin")
How much calculus is required for understanding the book? Does it require skills past calculus 1? Are there any other prerequisites for understanding this book?

not sure if there are any diff eq in the book, calc 1 should be all you need. how do I know this o0) ?

thankz said:
not sure if there are any diff eq in the book, calc 1 should be all you need. how do I know this o0) ?
Thank you thankz

What is the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition"?

The "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" is a comprehensive textbook written by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, covering the fundamentals of electronics and their practical applications. It is widely considered to be one of the best resources for learning about electronics.

What topics are covered in the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition"?

The "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" covers a wide range of topics including basic electronic components, circuit analysis and design, digital electronics, microcontrollers, sensors, and much more. It also includes practical examples and projects to help readers apply the concepts they have learned.

What sets the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" apart from other electronics textbooks?

One of the key features that sets the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" apart is its emphasis on practical applications and hands-on experimentation. It also includes numerous illustrations and diagrams to aid in understanding complex concepts, as well as real-world examples and projects to apply the knowledge learned.

Is the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" suitable for beginners?

While the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" is a comprehensive textbook, it is also suitable for beginners who have a basic understanding of math and physics. The authors present the material in a clear and accessible manner, making it a great resource for anyone looking to learn about electronics.

Are there any additional resources available for the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition"?

Yes, there is a companion website for the "Art of Electronics 3rd Edition" that includes additional resources such as sample code, circuit simulations, and errata. There are also various online communities and forums where readers can discuss and share their experiences with the textbook.