Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Nov 28, 2003 #1
    Who does artwork, and in what media?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2003 #2
    Oh! I do a little! Not professional just do it as I like Arts!

I do all with Pencil that's what I think ancient one and gorgeous :)
  4. Nov 28, 2003 #3
    Yes, I do pencil drawings myself.
    It is a gorgeous medium.

You do people, landscapes, abstract?
  5. Nov 28, 2003 #4
  6. Nov 28, 2003 #5
    That's excellent, Moni! (I didn't happen to check that thread.)

I also prefer to draw people, rather than landscapes or still lifes. For abstract stuff my favorite medium is colored pencil.
  7. Nov 28, 2003 #6
    Thanks! zoobyshoe!

It's very hard to find Science people (mainly students) interested in Arts! They just love arts, enjoy movies but not make many!

It's good that you're not only interested but also do them...fine :smile:
  8. Nov 28, 2003 #7
    From the thread "Playing Music" I find out alot of people who post here play musical instruments. I'm betting there are alot of amateur artists at PF as well.
  9. Nov 28, 2003 #8
    I've been drawing and painting since I was about 7. My prefered medium has always been charcoal though. I've made a few bucks from some of my work but I don't think I will do it all my life since I'm still young.
  10. Nov 29, 2003 #9
    What kind of subject matter do you prefer?

I don't get the impression charcoal is an easy medium to handle.
  11. Nov 29, 2003 #10
    Yes! einsteinian77!
    What's your subject matter?

Do anyone of you know computer arts...I mean: photoshop, Corel, Illustrator or even 3DStudio Max or Maya ???
  12. Nov 29, 2003 #11
    My favorite subject matter has always been faces. I've done hundreds of faces and just about all of them I've done in charcoal, ink, and pencil. I really only use oils for landscapes.

I don't know any photoarts really.

who are your favorite artists? Mine are van gogh, Escher, and someone you probably haven't heard of
  13. Nov 30, 2003 #12
    100 faces! Awsome! don't you upload your works? We just want to see your work and enjoy your arts!

But I can only use pencils, no ink or any other media :( Actually I'm self taught :)

My fav. may be not so famous one but I think you should see his works.......Exellent isn't it !!!

Here is his fantastic gallery:

14. Nov 30, 2003 #13
    I am actually more of an arts person interested in the sciences - I work in most physical painting and drawing mediums, and in computer mediums as well,except I have only played with 3d programs similar to Maya. I'm also interested in a-life, though a lot of people don't consider that to be art.
  15. Nov 30, 2003 #14
    It seems fine too!

I think Greg now can open a secion in PF Lounge for the creative works of the PF members! That may be any good poem, poetry or any other art works! For art works img link will be better than uploading.....

It's true there are sepatete sections in many good sites for those particular subjects. But those are for professionals...here members are mainly science orientied so their works may not be at that level. But still they can share their works with these familier faces :)

Then ...
  16. Nov 30, 2003 #15
    I don't know how to upload, but maybe you can tell me how? I liked the gallery you showed me very much he seems like a very talented sketcher. I'd really like to show you my work so if you could tell me how to I would be grateful, thanks.
  17. Dec 1, 2003 #16
    This describes me as well. I've always found both art and science intriguing, but the bulk of the weight has been on the art side.
    What kind of subject matter do you do in your painting and drawing?

What is a-life?
  18. Dec 1, 2003 #17
    Yes, I think van Gogh was the greatest. Personally, I can't paint and I can't do landscapes, so I am mezmerized by his abilities with those two things.

Of course I like many, many artists, but he is my favorite.
  19. Dec 1, 2003 #18
    I don't have a scanner, myself, but maybe I could do it on a friend's computer. It would be fun to show my stuff.
  20. Dec 1, 2003 #19
  21. Dec 2, 2003 #20
    I didn't have much time to answer the question yesterday. So here is the rest of my post.

I'm a lot like you zooby and rick. An artist interested in physics.

I've done works in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pen and ink, pencil, color pencil, charcoal, etc. even clay sculpture (I made several thousand dollars sculpting clay Bas Relief works with western themes that were turned into molds and copied with a carving machine into wooden panels for executive desks), and computer art, using Corel Draw and Paint Shop Pro.

My favorite medium is acrylic paint. I started painting in oils when I was about 9 years old and switched to acrylic when I heard they dry faster.

Of my recent painting projects I have two favorites, one is a series of imaginary nudes in outdoor settings in the moonlight and torchlight. The other is a series of planet paintings.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?