Where Can I Find Articles on Famous Mathematicians and Their Work?

• Thread starter ptex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Articles
In summary, there are a few websites that could be helpful for finding math topics to write about. Wolfram/Mathworld offers a variety of starting points, including prime counting functions. Baez's This Weeks Finds in Mathematical Physics and Tim Gowers' personal website also have interesting ideas to explore. Additionally, the textbook provided in the link features articles on famous mathematicians and their work.
ptex
I need to submit 5 short papers on math topics from articles I have read so I need some good websites to go to any ideas.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What kinds of maths do you know about? What level of maths are you comfortable reading? Wolfram/Mathworld offers many starting points; I would suggest prime counting functions as being very useful to think about. If you're feeling more sophisticated than that try Baez's This Weeks Finds in Mathematical Physics (www.math.ucr.edu[/url] follow links through faculty to his web page). Tim Gowers has lots of interesting ideas to think about: [url]www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~wtg10[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
my textbook has an online component that features a lot of articles on famous mathematicians and their work

link is below:

http://www.matharticles.com/ma_clc7e.html

1. What are the benefits of reading articles about math?

Reading articles about math can enhance critical thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities, and increase mathematical knowledge. It can also provide insight into real-world applications of mathematical concepts and inspire a deeper appreciation for the subject.

2. Where can I find reliable articles on math?

There are many reputable sources for articles on math, such as academic journals, math magazines, and educational websites. It is important to ensure that the source is credible and the information presented is accurate and well-researched.

3. How can I use articles on math to improve my understanding of the subject?

Reading articles on math can help to fill gaps in understanding and clarify complex concepts. It is also beneficial to actively engage with the material by taking notes, attempting practice problems, and discussing the article with others.

4. Are there any specific topics in math that are commonly covered in articles?

Yes, articles on math can cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and mathematical applications in various fields such as physics, economics, and computer science.

5. Can articles on math be helpful for students of all levels?

Yes, articles on math can be beneficial for students of all levels, from beginners to advanced learners. They can provide a deeper understanding of fundamental concepts for beginners and offer more complex and specialized information for advanced students.