Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: AS Sensor Coursework

1. Jan 23, 2004 #1
    Hello there!!
    My AS Sensor Courswork plan is due in a week today and i really dont know what sensor to use and what to do
    The best ive come up with so far is to use a spinning disc with a hole in it in front of a lamp and using a phototransistor and oscilloscope to work out frequency and rotations / second. I really need some more ideas.. so any help would be very welcome.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2004 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It would help if we knew what the requirements were...

4. Jan 23, 2004 #3
    Its hard to explain the requirements on here because we have pages of it!! Its basically a simple all-round test of a sensor designed in a circuit for a particular purpose.. with a slight emphasis on the use of a potential divider or wheatstone network. For anyone familiar with it or thats done it its on the OCR Advancing Physics course.

5. Jan 23, 2004 #4
    Hmm for AS-evel course work you shouldn't really have posted in the College Help forum.

I think it would be best if you can provide more info :-/

6. Jan 23, 2004 #5
    Sorry. I'm in college so i thought itd make sense!! :/
    I'm really looking for anyone thats doing the course and might be familiar with the sensor coursework. There's some suggested project ideas like measuring water level with a rotary potentiometer and the spinning disc one but i was hoping someone might have a more original concept!!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook