1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AS Sensor Coursework

1. Jan 23, 2004 #1
    Hello there!!
    My AS Sensor Courswork plan is due in a week today and i really dont know what sensor to use and what to do
    The best ive come up with so far is to use a spinning disc with a hole in it in front of a lamp and using a phototransistor and oscilloscope to work out frequency and rotations / second. I really need some more ideas.. so any help would be very welcome.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2004 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It would help if we knew what the requirements were...

4. Jan 23, 2004 #3
    Its hard to explain the requirements on here because we have pages of it!! Its basically a simple all-round test of a sensor designed in a circuit for a particular purpose.. with a slight emphasis on the use of a potential divider or wheatstone network. For anyone familiar with it or thats done it its on the OCR Advancing Physics course.

5. Jan 23, 2004 #4
    Hmm for AS-evel course work you shouldn't really have posted in the College Help forum.

I think it would be best if you can provide more info :-/

6. Jan 23, 2004 #5
    Sorry. I'm in college so i thought itd make sense!! :/
    I'm really looking for anyone thats doing the course and might be familiar with the sensor coursework. There's some suggested project ideas like measuring water level with a rotary potentiometer and the spinning disc one but i was hoping someone might have a more original concept!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?