Asexuality: do you really need sex to be happy

• Thread starter noblegas
  • Start date
In summary: That is an interesting idea. Do you have any sources that you could point me to?I think that the psychologist you refer to is not interpreting correctly. I think that there are genuinely asexual people. I think it is possible that they may not be very happy with life. I would assume that a lack of desire for sex does not mean a person lacks a desire for emotional intimacy. If most of the people in the world are sexual beings and find their intimacy through sex I can see how an asexual person would have a hard time achieving the emotional intimacy they desire and so feel lonely or outcast.
MotoH said:
And who said that?

Many.

Try this.
Some religious leaders have also spoken out against fourth sexuality. A US Christian organisation recently stated that ‘sexuality is a gift from God thus a fundamental part of human existence’. The remarks came in the annual magazine of the National Religious Vocation Conference and even suggested that an asexual was simply ‘not a person’.

MotoH said:
I am going to assume that you were trying to take a personal dig at my belief in God, particularly because of my signature. Nice try, but not close enough.

Please, don't assume.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:
Asexuality is hereditary. If your parents didn't engage in sex, you won't either.

Urvabara said:
Is there any scientific evidence for this statement?

There is. Studies have shown that people who do not engage in sex do not have children. :rofl: I see you have met our jimmysnyder.

DaveC426913 said:
Asexuals have not yet found a solution for propogating their kind. They are an evolutionary dead end.

Asexual non-humans probably haven't. Asexual humans are completely different thing.

DaveC426913 said:
This is all tongue-in-cheek, right? We're just fooling around here. Just keepin' it real.

I wish those negative statements about asexuality are written tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't be so sure about it at the moment.

Urvabara said:
Asexual humans are completely different thing.
Asexual humans is what this thread is about. Asexual non-humans are the completely different thing.

I am an amoeba. I hug people for food, and when I want to, I just split apart and BAM! Another one of me!

DaveC426913 said:
Asexual humans is what this thread is about. Asexual non-humans are the completely different thing.

Yes. We are talking about asexual humans. Asexual humans have ways to reproduce. That is why it is a completely different thing than asexual non-humans.

Urvabara said:
Yes. We are talking about asexual humans. Asexual humans have ways to reproduce. That is why it is a completely different thing than asexual non-humans.

How?

MotoH said:
How?

Ever heard about AI?

I rest my case.

Enough nonsense, thread closed.