Ashcroft Just Resigned, It's A Great Day For America!

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Don Evans too...yippee !!

Mercator
Who says there is no worse than these two?

Mercator said:

Point. but there are better.

i will not miss ashcroft. Not in any way, shape, or form. Good riddance.

Mercator said:
Stop raining on my parade.

Imagine you're in London around '42, and the shelling's just stopped for the night. You're not gonna say "well, who knows, maybe they ran out of the small bombs", you're gonna celebrate and be merry!

Even if Bush appoints someone as bad as, or worse than Ashcroft, there will still be a precious few hours, or maybe even days, where our Constitution isn't being erroded by the attorney general, and I'm willing to cherish those hours or days.

Last edited:
wasteofo2 said:
Stop raining on my parade.

Imagine you're in London around '42, and the shelling's just stopped for the night. You're not gonna say "well, who knows, maybe they ran out of the small bombs", you're gonna celebrate and be merry!

Even if Bush appoints someone as bad as, or worse than Ashcroft, there will still be a precious few hours, or maybe even days, where our Constitution isn't being erroded.

A few days of pure joy.

Anyone wanna put wagers on which will be the only Amendment(s) that Ashcroft's replacement doesn't trash?

I'm gonna bet he leaves #2 alone, and he might keep the one that ended prohibition, but other than that, I dunno...

Mercator
Waste, I think it is better to prepare for the big bombs. Specially if you know that the bomber just got permission to do as he pleases!

Mercator said:
Waste, I think it is better to prepare for the big bombs. Specially if you know that the bomber just got permission to do as he pleases!
Lemme have fun just for tonight. I'll sober up tomorrow and build a bigger shelter.

wasteofo2 said:
Anyone wanna put wagers on which will be the only Amendment(s) that Ashcroft's replacement doesn't trash?

I'm gonna bet he leaves #2 alone, and he might keep the one that ended prohibition, but other than that, I dunno...
Yeah, i aws gonna say the one that ended prohibition.

wasteofo2 said:
Lemme have fun just for tonight. I'll sober up tomorrow and build a bigger shelter.
OK - maybe the Ashcroft as a 'future Supreme Court nominee thread' - can wait for tomorrow.

Tigers2B1 said:
OK - maybe the Ashcroft as a 'future Supreme Court nominee thread' - can wait for tomorrow.

OK now even i want to move to Canada.

Franz even you will be welcomed in Canada.

Smurf said:
Franz even you will be welcomed in Canada.

I have relatives there. They're great. Winnipeg is a bit cold for my tastes though.

Good, means your still human

Tsu
Gold Member
I don't know if I'd go that far!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsunami said:
I don't know if I'd go that far!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Me neither.

I just read on somebody's post at Slashdot that Ashcroft is resigning to prepare himself for the Supreme Court. What's the deal?

The_Professional said:
I just read on somebody's post at Slashdot that Ashcroft is resigning to prepare himself for the Supreme Court. What's the deal?

Maybe Winnipeg isn't that cold.

And I am between tears and laughter :cry: :rofl:

I was joshing about Ashcroft. The Republicans don't have the numbers to block a Democratic filibuster, and if Ashcroft was nominated we'd see one of those until 2008.

Ashcroft replacement --

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush has chosen White House counsel Alberto Gonzales, a Texas confidant and one of the most prominent Hispanics in the administration, to succeed Attorney General John Ashcroft, sources close to the White House said Wednesday….
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041110/D8694G201.html

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gonzales ? Brilliant ! Not that I know a whole bunch about Gonzales ...but I don't sense a drastic change in the direction that DoJ will be headed.

Any idea who's replacing Evans ? Another "buddy" perhaps ?

You'd like to think that wouldn't you. but your wrong, it'll be someone very capable that is in no way assossiated with Religion and Exxon.
Honest.