Ashcroft Just Resigned, It's A Great Day For America!

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wait...you forgot to include Enron!

(Gonzales was a legal counsellor for Enron.)

Mercator
Wasteof O2, di you have a good party? Slept well? Hangover cured? So here's one word for you: Gonzales!
The good part: he still has to prove that he's worse than Ashcroft.

BTW: why do you still need Gonzales, as Ashcroft has stated that the goal of making Americans safe has been accomplished?

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Mercator said:
Wasteof O2, di you have a good party? Slept well? Hangover cured?
Waste is not old enough to be wasted ! :wink:

Mercator said:
Wasteof O2, di you have a good party? Slept well? Hangover cured? So here's one word for you: Gonzales!
The good part: he still has to prove that he's worse than Ashcroft.

BTW: why do you still need Gonzales, as Ashcroft has stated that the goal of making Americans safe has been accomplished?
I originally thought "Great, an ol' buddy of Bush's".

Then I read a bit about him and have mixed feelings (as opposed to all negative feelings).

I read on CNN that his moderate views upset some more hardline republicans, and that as a member of Texas's supreme court, he ruled that there were some circumstances where teenage girls getting an abortion don't need to tell their parents, and defended it by saying that while he DISAGREED with the ruling he handed down, it wasn't his place to interject his opinion into his rulings, just do as the law specifies.

That, and I read a quote from Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont (the guy cheney told to fuk himself), saying that he respected Gonzales, and his taking Ashcroft's spot would be a welcome change in the least accountable Justice Department he's ever seen.

BUUUUUUUUUT, he also advised Bush to declare that the geneva convention didn't apply to suspected Al Qaeda members, or else Bush would be accountable for war crimes.

I was so hoping for Eliot Spitzer to get to be Attorney General, I guess the best we can hope for along the lines of Bi-Partisanship from Bush is someone who thinks the geneva convention is a quaint document.