Counter Clock Cycle: Ask for Help Here

• Thread starter cupcake
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Counter
In summary, the conversation discusses using a 74193 counter to count up or down from a preloaded value and stop after three clock cycles. The BO-bar output can be used to preload a 3 into the register and the carry signal can be used to reload the counter. The final goal is to have the counter count 00, 01, 10 and then reset.
cupcake
Hello, I want to ask, I have a counter 74193 or 74191, and I want to make it counts 3 clock cycles.. any ideas how to do? we suppose to use timer 555 right?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I presume you mean that you want to (wanna) divide by 3, or count down from 3 to 0? Using the 74193, use the BO-bar output to preload a 3 (=2+1) into the register and count down to 0. The BO-bar carry will load a 3 into the counter.

Bob S

I want it to count up, (or count down) as long as it counts three clock cycles, for example 0,1,2 (then reset) or, 2,1,0. but, I'm not very sure how to do..

actually I want the counter to count three clock cycles, start from 00,01,10 and then stop and reset everything again.. I have drawn the schematic but not very sure...is this the correct way to implement the counter?
2mr5zmc.jpg

Last edited:

1. What is the Counter Clock Cycle?

The Counter Clock Cycle is a concept in physics that refers to the direction of motion of an object or system. It is the opposite direction of a traditional clock, moving counterclockwise instead of clockwise.

2. How does the Counter Clock Cycle affect time?

The Counter Clock Cycle does not affect time itself, but it can affect our perception of time. Objects or systems moving in a counterclockwise direction may appear to be moving slower or faster than those moving clockwise.

3. What are some examples of the Counter Clock Cycle in nature?

The Counter Clock Cycle can be observed in many natural phenomena, such as the rotation of planets and moons, the movement of ocean currents, and the formation of hurricanes. It can also be seen in the way certain animals, such as bees and ants, move around their environments.

4. How is the Counter Clock Cycle used in scientific research?

The Counter Clock Cycle is often used in experiments to study the effects of different directions of motion on various systems. It can also be used as a reference point for measuring the rotation or movement of objects or systems.

5. Are there any practical applications of the Counter Clock Cycle?

While the Counter Clock Cycle may not have direct practical applications, it is an important concept in understanding the behavior and movement of objects and systems in our world. It can also be used in engineering and design to create more efficient and effective systems.