Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Einstein
In summary, Geoffrey Rush plays a deliciously human Einstein on the new National Geographic documentary, which has been met with mixed reviews. Some feel it is not as great as the grand idea behind it, while others enjoy it. Rush has spoken about how he feels about the initial rejection of his theories, and how he dealt with it. He also commented on the possibility of extra dimensions, string theory, and the AdS/CFT duality.
If you could ask Einstein one question what would it be?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is it, that you always make fun of Gödel?

(Probably not the kind of question meant to be, but it's really the one I would ask. Something personal.)

Likes EnumaElish and Greg Bernhardt
what is the meaning of life?

I'd learn something about quantum gravity theories. Then I'd ask something insightful about his views on them. You're going to have to give me notice on this one...

I suppose I will ask him something like.. What is the most important question of your existence ? Something like that. :nb)

"Many consider you the icon of genius. What is your assessment of your own intelligence?"

How come you were such a lousy husband and father ?

Likes Beelzebub, SW VandeCarr, CalcNerd and 1 other person
Have you met him and does he play dice?

Likes MexChemE, nitsuj, phinds and 1 other person
Do you believe in God?

What was your second biggest blunder? For example have you ever farted in an empty elevator only for other people to walk in a moment later?

Last edited:
Why did you let god into your science

What do you want to say to society today?

Not sure, depends... If I met the man face-to-face, I'd get so excited, probably end up asking something irrelevant and regret later :)

What is your biggest regret?

Likes phinds
You helped build a refrigerator, would you help me build a Maxwell's Demon machine ?? :cool:

How did you travel forward in time to 2017?

Likes EnumaElish
mpresic said:
Hey, he's only 138.

I'd ask him why he never combed his hair. Anything else he might have to say would probably be way over my head so there would be no point in asking.

You liked the idea of extra dimensions, then you rejected the idea, then string theory came along requiring extra dimensions - what now?

String theory people put forward the AdS/CFT duality as a "success" at attempting a non-pertrubative forumulation, however Abhay Ashtekar says: "But here, in AdS/CFT duality, they need the radius of the internal dimensions to be the same as the cosmological radius. If so, if I try to look up I should see these ten dimensions; I don’t. So, it can’t have much to do with the real world that we actually live in."

How do you feel about this?

Which is your true love: classical music or physics?

mpresic said:
Follow up, "which fast spaceship"? Or, "gravity well, where"? Depending on the context.

More seriously, how did you deal with the initial rejection of, or indifference toward your theories?

1. What is the purpose of "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?"

The purpose of "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" is to provide a platform for individuals to ask questions and receive answers from a virtual version of the famous scientist, Albert Einstein. It is meant to be a fun and educational experience for users of all ages.

2. How does "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" work?

"Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" uses artificial intelligence and a database of information to generate responses to user questions. The program is designed to mimic the way Albert Einstein would have responded to questions, based on his known views and beliefs.

3. Can I trust the information provided by "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?"

While the responses provided by "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" are based on facts and beliefs attributed to Albert Einstein, they should not be taken as absolute truth. The program is meant to be a fun and educational experience, and users should always fact-check information from any source.

4. Are there any limitations to the questions I can ask on "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?"

Yes, there are limitations to the types of questions that can be asked on "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" The program is designed to respond to questions related to science, philosophy, and Einstein's life and work. Questions that are inappropriate or offensive will not be answered.

5. Can I suggest questions for "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" to add to its database?

Yes, users are welcome to suggest questions for "Ask Einstein: What Would You Like to Know?" to add to its database. However, please note that not all suggestions may be included and the program reserves the right to choose which questions to include based on relevance and appropriateness.