Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aspiring aerospace engineer

1. Sep 19, 2015 #1
    GUY!! Is there a 14 yr old kid like me who wants to pursue a career in aerospace engineer in future. WHo is in love with cosmos and rockets ..

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2015 #2
    I'm a middle aged man. I do love rockets though. Welcome to the forum. Have you launched any rockets yet, or are you just thinking about it?

4. Sep 20, 2015 #3
    ya one but a simple one

5. Sep 20, 2015 #4
    Like what specifications?

6. Sep 20, 2015 #5
    not much of stuff it was for a project in school i m more interested in designing them .
    My fiest rocket was a small with water missile kind of ..
    I also made a drone flying one.

7. Sep 20, 2015 #6

Rio Larsen

Gold Member

Yes! I'm 14 and want to be an aerospace engineer! You can tell by looking at my profile picture. :-p However, I'm not going to be 14 in November.

Check out my learning resources that I've compiled here. This list is not intended to replace college, but you should be able to design some sort of plane on your own by the time you finish reading all those materials. The list is subject to edit without notice.

I recommend getting a Kindle and getting all those resources. They're so much cheaper if you get Kindle. The best Kindle is around $400 and the least best is around $100. Plus, Kindles don't fold up like regular books if you leave them open.

Speaking of colleges, you should try and exceed in school to try to get into a prestigious university. I'd aim for MIT if I were you.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  8. Sep 21, 2015 #7
    ur r right but in india we have IIT which is one of the hardest exams in the world to crack. I want to do my masters from MIT

9. Sep 21, 2015 #8

Rio Larsen

Gold Member

Good luck! I hope to see you succeed! :wink:

10. Sep 21, 2015 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Please be sure to read our rules. Text speak like "ur r" is not allowed on this forum.

11. Sep 22, 2015 #10
    ya i forgot sorry .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook